www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colin Neale (1926-2016)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: Colin Neale (1926-2016) Reply with quote

Colin Neale 1926-2016 by Michael, on Flickr

I just found out that Colin Neale died last month at the age of 89.

Neale worked for Briggs as a stylist in the early 1950s. When Ford of Britain bought Briggs in 1953, Neale was made the head of Ford of Britain's then new design department. Neale get the credit for designing the Mk II CZZ cars and over saw all British Ford design through the Consul Capri. Neale moved to Dearborn in 1958 and worked on the Thunderbird, Lincoln Continental, and the compact Fairlane before moving on again to Chrysler in 1962.

Neale settled in the Detroit area and had a restored Consul Capri which he would take to car shows.

http://speedydeletion.wikia.com/wiki/Draft:Colin_Neale
GTEstate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Colin Neale Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of meeting Colin Neale through his Capri, of which he was inordinately proud. Still full of boyish enthusiasm for planes, cars and all things design, it turned out we had common interests beyond Fords and so the time passed very quickly; I was looking forward to further chats with such an interesting man, but unfortunately it was not to be.

With Colin's Capri at his memorial service:
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Colin Neale Reply with quote

GTEstate wrote:
I had the pleasure of meeting Colin Neale through his Capri, of which he was inordinately proud. Still full of boyish enthusiasm for planes, cars and all things design, it turned out we had common interests beyond Fords and so the time passed very quickly; I was looking forward to further chats with such an interesting man, but unfortunately it was not to be.

With Colin's Capri at his memorial service:

Thanks for the memory and the photo. Were you at his service?
GTEstate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:22 am    Post subject: Colin Neale Reply with quote

Indeed I was.
Supergomo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father recently bought Colin Neale's Capri Radio. Yep, it was Mr. Neale's radio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: