www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

68-70 MK 2 Ford Cortinas - $1600 (north Oakland)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: 68-70 MK 2 Ford Cortinas - $1600 (north Oakland) Reply with quote

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5797695178.html

1967-68 white two dr manual...with good body & glass. Has a 1500cc engine.. but came new with a 1600 crossflow. Hasn't run in many yrs. New Koni struts were installed as well as susp. bushings & rear brakes, and other work, just before it was stored. $1850

1968 dark green (hard to find) four dr manual. Good body & glass. The 1600 crossflow cyl. head is off...it likely needs a ring & valve job. All the parts are there. Original black & yellow # CA license plates with "pink" title. $1800.

1970 sky blue two dr automatic. Some repairable rust but a solid project car with low mileage. No engine. Original CA blue with yellow # plates. If you're considering a engine & 5 sp trans conversion automatic Cortinas have larger trans tunnels.. so you can fit a T5 in without cutting out the floor. Have CA title. $1500

1969 light tan or beige two dr 1600 Xflow manual trans less engine. Solid car with little rust that ran a yr ago. All the parts are there to reassemble it if you have a 1600 crossflow long block for it. Has original CA black & yellow # lic. plates. It's CA non opped with a CA title.. so you'll have no DMV reg. problems or fees. $1900

Also have lots of 60's Cortina and some Anglia parts. Ph # is a landline with answering machine after 4 rings...so no text mess. five one zero six five eight four two six eight
cyirush

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do people on here think of the prices for these?
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy!
angliagt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

\

Pratt pricing..........
cyirush

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what would be fair prices for these? Newbie trying to get a sense of the market.
peteleo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about right for a MK2 in that condition. A bit more for a MK1 in the same condition.
Bob_S

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that the price is high. If it was't it would have been snapped up by now. It has been for sale for several months.

Just a paint job can easily cost 4K and by the time you pay for the car and paint it you are upside down.

My 2 cents.
Kiwi Cortina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought my Mk2 from this gentleman back in 2012 for about the same money. The engine wasn't running at the time but did with about 1/2 hour of tinkering. The body was very rusty due to sitting on that lot for about 13 years. Money wise depending what you want at the end of the project, 20k+ is a realistic number. I did the most of it myself except final body paint and seat upholstery.

Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyirush wrote:
So what would be fair prices for these? Newbie trying to get a sense of the market.

It is really difficult to put a blanket price in these cars, a lot of people just ask too much and others don't seem to care. Years ago in Vancouver I used to cruise the lanes and ally ways in search of derelict vehicles and I would often find them although not always for sale. I think one of my better back lane scores was a very early, very plain Mk2 Cortina 1600, it was so plain that it had rubber flooring and the long magic wand shifter. The older owner had parked it under his deck out of the weather because a universal joint went out on it, when I enquired if I could buy it he let it go for two hundred bucks. The body was rust free and paint okay so I snapped it up. Obviously timing and opportunity is important but if you want one right now you will have to settle for a more expensive, lower quality car. I wonder how many of these cars are lurking out there right now tucked away in their senior owners garage???
Bob_S

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have talked to this fella with the white cortina before (first post in this string) and the rear quarters have been messed with. I don't remember what was done but to me it would be a lot of work to fix. My thought would be $800 at the very most.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: