www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looks usable enough.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zephyrgary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Looks usable enough. Reply with quote

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6056181791.html

Might change the steering wheel, however.
Gary
NYCAccountant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some rust on drivers side rear shock tower? And those boards on the floors are telling me the floors aren't too sturdy. But for a good driver, it's not a bad price
Sideways

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks okay, except for the items noted above - and the paint job - and the seats, trim etc.

Those are decent engines and it appears to have all been done quite well, assuming the ad. is correct and not just wishing and hoping.
Kiwi Cortina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this belongs to a member on this site. I recall somebody about to drive a cross country in their Mk2. Here is the link of it being test driven. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagqnH4dewYIytKQLeBv6CQ
zephyrgary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That vid shows a major blemish on driver's side rear fender that is not shown in the ad. Hmm.
pigpen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm indeed, no pics of the driver's side at all.
Tom
BigFred

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.enfostuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9798&sid=73307f9727c04b06ff9ba53540fa0f1b

http://imgur.com/gallery/Bmcj4
zephyrgary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller has updated the ad. He also added pics showing very good floors. Looks like a decent buy to me.
cyirush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigFred wrote:
http://www.enfostuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9798&sid=73307f9727c04b06ff9ba53540fa0f1b

http://imgur.com/gallery/Bmcj4

I'm confused - is this '67 GT clone the same car pictured in the link above (a non-GT '68 auto)? I remember when the '68's Craigslist ad was featured on BAT in August.
zephyrgary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means that the Lotus clone started out as that automatic car and was converted to a stick.
Gary
cyirush

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm asking the GT/Lotus clone currently for sale in Oregon is the same car as the '68 auto for sale last August on CL? I think it is, which means that it was not originally a '67 GT as the Oregon craigslist seller is implying. It's also clear from the earlier enfo thread that the conversion (pinto engine, manual transmission, and presumably the GT dash) was done by the guy who took it to North Carolina and not by the current CL seller in Oregon.

I'm interested in the car - do the experts on here think it matters if it wasn't originally a GT?
NYCAccountant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyirush wrote:
I'm asking the GT/Lotus clone currently for sale in Oregon is the same car as the '68 auto for sale last August on CL? I think it is, which means that it was not originally a '67 GT as the Oregon craigslist seller is implying. It's also clear from the earlier enfo thread that the conversion (pinto engine, manual transmission, and presumably the GT dash) was done by the guy who took it to North Carolina and not by the current CL seller in Oregon.

I'm interested in the car - do the experts on here think it matters if it wasn't originally a GT?

Depends on what you want. If you're ok having a pinto engine and not a crossflow w/ 4 speed per the "dream" gt option.

Cortina's are nice but they're never going to be big money, or even money cars. With that in mind, if this tickles your fancy and your familiar with common issues, go for it.

Personally I'd stuff some sort of bda/bdg in a cortina over a regular pinto but to each their own.
Kiwi Cortina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyirush wrote:

Check out user name Anthonid. His car and he explains the whole build. From NC moved to Oregon. 5000 mile road trip and now its for sale. it was a Auto car and he put a Pinto and a T9 in it.
Sideways

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYCAccountant wrote:
cyirush wrote:

Depends on what you want. If you're ok having a pinto engine and not a crossflow w/ 4 speed per the "dream" gt option.

Cortina's are nice but they're never going to be big money, or even money cars. With that in mind, if this tickles your fancy and your familiar with common issues, go for it.

Personally I'd stuff some sort of bda/bdg in a cortina over a regular pinto but to each their own.

Define 'big money'.

And getting hold of a BDA or similar here is expensive.
NYCAccountant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sideways wrote:
NYCAccountant wrote:
cyirush wrote:

Define 'big money'.

And getting hold of a BDA or similar here is expensive.

Big money = over $50,000.

Non lotus Cortina's are LUCKY if they come close to half of that. When referring to a BDA, it was if I had deep pockets (or any pockets).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: