www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Scituate, Massachusetts - Gary E. Anderson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Member Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garyeanderson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Hello from Scituate, Massachusetts - Gary E. Anderson Reply with quote

Hi Folks
I signed up yesterday and I see quite a few names that I recognize. Good to have a forum where photos and ideas can be exchanged.
I am a Cortina person, I got my first in May 1978 a few months after my Lotus Elan went for a swim in the Atlantic Ocean after a storm surge raised the height of high tide some 6 or 7 feet on top of a astronomically high tide. One of my friends lost a VW bug the same day and he had no use for it so I made a deal to trade the Bug for a 65 Cortina Estate that was at the end of a dead end street and it blocked the way onto the beach. The Lotus Twin Cam found its way into the engine compartment shortly there after and I had it terrorizing the locals most of that Summer. Being in New England most EnFo's didn't last too long and I found a few that were only good enough to part out. Several years ago I found another on ebay in Maryland and it had some nice bits. Once home, it again was only good enough for parts. In 2003 I got back from vacation and read about a Lotus Cortina for sale in Maryland, this had been hit in front and put away, the steel was in great shape except where it was bent. I called or emailed the seller and was on my way to pick it up a month later. Well, the sickness continues, I have bought another 4 since and one was sold to a friend of mine. At the moment there are 3 mk1 Cortina GT's and the LoCort, none of them run but I have a hope that a couple will make it back on the road someday.

here are a few photos of some of them

This GT is from Tennessee and made a detour to Webster N.Y., this on has a chance still but the top side was killed by sitting in a grove of trees that with the help of acid rain did a number on it.

This Gt is out of Connecticut and looks O.K. from 30 feet but is probably a
doner for one of the others.

I picked this one up last summer from Mike Haynes in California and there isn't much wrong with it that a couple of donors won't fix.

Lotus Cortina BA74FT59332 in need of a lot more effort and cash

Last edited by garyeanderson on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
stanchfi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Looks like a great collection, and alot of work!

-James
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Gary,

Welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing you progress in future updates. That Mk I looks kind of funny with the early Falcon taillights.

Michael
angliagt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

Glad to see that you made it to the "other"site!
Looking at the pictures makes me feel that we're sometimes
spoiled here on the West Coast.

- Doug
garyeanderson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael
I kind of like the look of those 60-61 Falcon taillamps, I don't like the fact that they cut the steel panels to make them Fit, so I guess they will stay and I'll (or someone else) will need some new lenses.

Hi James
I hope to get one or two done, but I guess I'm not in a big hurry, the weather is starting to break and it will soon be Lotus season in New England.

Hi Doug

West coast cars are so unbelievable, I've seen 3 year old local cars that have more rot than 1960's Datsuns from out your way, its just a fact of life here. I guess the only good thing I can think of that makes New England any good at all is there are a lot of cars that are good for parts. Of the 8 or so Cortina's that have passed through my hands, only half came with the engines and only one actually ran and drove (after the brakes were done). There used to be a bunch of Cortina's (mostly mk2's) out here when I had the mk1 Cortina Estate but I haven't seen one on the road in 20 years, I'm not sure if that shouldn't be closer to 30 years. Rare indeed out this way.
Dave A

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a lot of potential there Gary. Your not all that far away from me here in New Brunswick, Canada. I'm about an hour and a half from Calais, Me
garyeanderson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave A wrote:
Looks like a lot of potential there Gary. Your not all that far away from me here in New Brunswick, Canada. I'm about an hour and a half from Calais, Me

Hi Dave
I guess thats not far as east coast Cortina owners go. Mapquest says its six and a half hours or 358 miles to Calais, Maine. It sounds like more than a day trip for either of us. Stop by if you get down this way, my address is

67 Kent St.
Scituate, Ma. 02066
Dave A

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be sure to let you if I'm headed down that way Gary. I would love to see the collection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Member Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: