www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possibly breaking 2000E box
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Langlia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, been driving it hard? Options are always endless, just depends on how much money you want to sink into it. I would say rebuild would be the easiest way to go, not going to have to modify things to get another transmission to fit or try to figure out compatibility with clutches and pressure plates, etc.. Would reverse be the same as in my wide ratio box? Take your time it's not going anywhere, the more you know the better.

--

Brett you asked "What sort of clutch arrangement and bell housing are you using in your Anglia?"

I have the bellhousing 3034E 7505A , Got a replacement 7.5" Clutch disc from Burton

http://www.burtonpower.com/std-clutch-plate-x-flow-c752af.html

Just the standard plate.. Not sure how it'll hold up, Not gonna be doing burnouts and flogging the poor car. Yet. We'll see how well I put the thing back together first haha.

--

Yea I'll have to see how 3000+ RPM Sounds on the highway, we usually cruise at 110-120 in our car, not sure how it'll sound in the Anglia if we're going downtown or something, otherwise it'll be all city driving with maybe the occasional spring up to 100.

Maybe 3.54? Wouldn't be too bad IMO, Gotta drive it and see first.

http://www.burtonpower.com/crown-wheel-pinion-cwp-3-54-1-english-axle-cwe35.html
dfonseka_

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't really been driving it hard. I guess it's just age. I don't really have a whole lot of money to spend. And most gear sets I've been seeing are $1500+! Although they're very close ratio gear sets, I'm not really going to be racing this car so I really wouldn't need something like that. Reverse gear is different however. Mine being a 3.32:1 whereas yours is a 3.96:1
Langlia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! Yea that's quite pricey. Government loves to tax and collect duties on shipping too

Just ordered my interior from Aldridge in the UK. Shipping is part of the invoice and DHL refuses to take that into account.. so dumb.

Reverse is reverse isn't it, a little slower ratio but gears would mesh accordingly?

Any idea on this gearbox Brett?

113E 7651
peteleo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It maybe 113E-7650B which is the gearbox extension housing for the Cortina MK1 1200, 1500, and Lotus Cortina MK1.
Langlia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These EnFo numbers are all over the place
peteleo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. 7651 doesn't show up in any of the Cortina and Anglia 105E parts list. Only 7650. I assume it's the same part
Langlia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to collect weird numbered things Mad

That 3 rail makes no sense with its # either. Nor does the 109E bell housing. Can't seem to find anything
peteleo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few parts are interchangeable on all Kent series type tx. 109E bell housing is a for the 1200, 1500 tx casing. 105E ribbed b/h used on the 997 and Lotus Cortina MK1. You can create some interesting tx variations.

My Anglia 124E has a semi-close tx. 1200 casing, 2000E gear set from the MK2 GT, 105E bell housing, 1200 116E tail housing, and T/O bearing spacer for the Diaphragm clutch.

Pete
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peteleo wrote:
Quite a few parts are interchangeable on all Kent series type tx. 109E bell housing is a for the 1200, 1500 tx casing. 105E ribbed b/h used on the 997 and Lotus Cortina MK1. You can create some interesting tx variations.

My Anglia 124E has a semi-close tx. 1200 casing, 2000E gear set from the MK2 GT, 105E bell housing, 1200 116E tail housing, and T/O bearing spacer for the Diaphragm clutch.

Pete

That's a good mix, you have the less expensive, easy to find slave cylinder and the ability to put the big 8.5 clutch in if you ever needed to.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langlia wrote:
Oh no, been driving it hard? Options are always endless, just depends on how much money you want to sink into it. I would say rebuild would be the easiest way to go, not going to have to modify things to get another transmission to fit or try to figure out compatibility with clutches and pressure plates, etc.. Would reverse be the same as in my wide ratio box? Take your time it's not going anywhere, the more you know the better.

--

Brett you asked "What sort of clutch arrangement and bell housing are you using in your Anglia?"

I have the bellhousing 3034E 7505A , Got a replacement 7.5" Clutch disc from Burton

http://www.burtonpower.com/std-clutch-plate-x-flow-c752af.html

Just the standard plate.. Not sure how it'll hold up, Not gonna be doing burnouts and flogging the poor car. Yet. We'll see how well I put the thing back together first haha.

--

Yea I'll have to see how 3000+ RPM Sounds on the highway, we usually cruise at 110-120 in our car, not sure how it'll sound in the Anglia if we're going downtown or something, otherwise it'll be all city driving with maybe the occasional spring up to 100.

Maybe 3.54? Wouldn't be too bad IMO, Gotta drive it and see first.

http://www.burtonpower.com/crown-wheel-pinion-cwp-3-54-1-english-axle-cwe35.html

So you are going to use the later 2000e bell housing, that is what I am using too. It is good as it will take the big clutch but the not so good is that the bigger slave cylinder can be expensive and harder to find.
I don't recognize that blue tail housing or the numbers, it looks like a normal tail housing for a Cortina but it has some external reinforcing ribs that don't exist on any of my transmissions??
I noticed in one of your pictures what seems to be a different kind of slave cylinder but the picture is not clear, can you show me a bit more there?

That Burton clutch should be just fine and that gearing finale drive will be up to you to decide, I used to swap mine around depending on use. I always liked the 4.1:1 around the city and short highway trips but I would put the 3.7:1 in for interior trips.

Regarding reverse gear in the Ford transmissions ,I wasn't aware of different ratios available so that is a mystery to me?? reverse only uses these two gears engaging and I thought those were the same throughout the range?? As Pete says you can buy them but the big one comes with the 1st to 2nd synchro hub.

I think if you want the real answer someone is going to have to disassemble the gearbox to measure and count teeth.
peteleo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's the least expense and most practical without doing external mods.
7/8" bore s/cyl helps ease pedal pressure but the smaller dia s/cly would have been ok too.
I have a clutch ass'y from a Mk2 LC which in the future i will replace the 1600 ass'y. Draw back on the 1600 ass'y is the p/plate fingers wear quickly
as it doesn't have a support ring and the s/cyl rod is not adjustable to compensate the wear. Still you can get >80K miles on it.
Langlia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a closer look at the slave when I'm back at the shop, the last guy put it on there so it's not anything OEM.

I guess I should bolt the 105E bellhousing to my gearbox and just keep it that way incase I wanted to goto a bigger clutch?

Shouldn't have any issues?

Motor and gearbox are almost 50 years old so I expect someone's played around with both over the years.
peteleo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use the 105E bell housing. No issues with using a spring coil p/p.
You would need a spacer between the T/O bearing and retainer with a 1600 T/O if you decide to go for the diaphragm set.
Langlia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pressure plate has a diaphragm for the t/o bearing.

No coil spring pressure plate here. Everything I got with it came out of a working and running Anglia. More so I just want to make sure nothing needs to change if I slap the 105E B/H on. Can still use the original starter I got etc
peteleo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, starter should line up. 105E and 109E are identical except that the 105E is a bit bulkier than the 109E B/H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: