www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cortina MK2 transmission/ block sandwich plate.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Cortina MK2 transmission/ block sandwich plate. Reply with quote

I'm looking for the bottom section of the two piece sandwich plate for my Cortina MK 2. I believe there are several types but I'm not sure what difference there is. It is to go on my Cortina MK2 bellhousing which will be attached to my MK1 GT transmission which will all be bolted to my 69 Lotus Elan twin cam. Also wondered if anyone had a MK1 GT tach that has already been converted to negative earth, might be easier to buy one that's already converted, or maybe someone is changing their vehicle back to positive earth and a straight swap would be good.
peteleo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1600 c/f engine would need the 1600 spacer plate with a rectangular style 1600 bottom plate. There should be someone on this forum that has a spare.

It's easy to convert a positive grd tach to negative:
http://www.lotus-cortina.com/electric/convert.htm
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete, as you say, someone should have the spare bottom piece of the sandwich plate. Yes I've seen this for the tacho, just wondered if there was one out there already done, I guess it looks pretty straight forward.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this guy may have the bit you are looking for?? I only see the big half but???
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/pts/d/ford-cortina-and-lotus-bell/6319795015.html

These spacers go between the bell housing & block on 60's English Ford Kent engine cars. The early type fits all 1960-66 yr 998, 1200, 1340, 1500, & 1560 Lotus Twin Cam 4 bolt rope seal type crank engines.
The later 6 bolt lip seal crank bell housing spacer fits the 67 1500 6 bolt crank block, 1300 & 1600 XFlow, 6 bolt crank Lotus Twin Cam, and BDA-G engines. If you're doing a Lotus "tall" block build or fitting a XFlow lip seal crank into a rope seal block this is the spacer you'll need. Also have the lower small dust cover that attaches to the lower part of the bell housing with 2 small bolts

Included is some information on converting a heavy MK 2 Cortina driveshaft to a lighter shaft.

Have lots of other 60's English Ford Cortina and Anglia parts. Ph five10 six 5 8 four 2 six 8
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to find the piece I was looking for, the guy in the ad wanted $65 plus $50 for shipping/ customs....a little pricey.
Thanks gentlemen
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1970 cortina GT wrote:
Managed to find the piece I was looking for, the guy in the ad wanted $65 plus $50 for shipping/ customs....a little pricey.
Thanks gentlemen

Just robbery I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: