www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brett's 100e Anglia
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Readers Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteleo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, Brett, fabricating a this new cross member is much stronger than using a light weight 107E c/m.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete, I just hope that my welding holds out but a crossflow is not that torquey anyway. The BMW engine mounts are hydraulic oil filled so I don't know what affect that will have if any?
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: More Recent Stuff Reply with quote

I have not updated my activity lately but here are a few things I achieved in the last 6 months, the most important thing is that I had sold my Vancouver house last year and I finally moved my project 100e cars up to the Sunshine Coast in June. I drove one and the other two were shipped on flat deck. I had been spending most of my time on The Coast anyway so it will be nice to actually now have the cars here to work on. Before I could bring the cars up I had to first build a garage, here are a few pics of the garage, I made sure that I will have some bench/working space and it will be well lit and insulated for the dark Winter. I even put some French doors and a deck on the ocean facing side for additional natural light.

With the cars now here I decided to get back to work on them, I found a nice pair of old Leather roadster seats and installed those in favour of the oversized Chevy Cruze seats that I was going to use, they were too big anyway.

The most recent thing I did was to again remove the transmission to install the alloy flywheel with it's oversized clutch and high torque starter motor, I bought the whole package from Dave Bean and they were great to deal with.

Anyway there is much more to do mechanically, that should be reasonably easy for me but finding a body man/painter is likely going to be a hurdle?
Langlia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice view,

Could try and tackle most of the bodywork yourself? Not sure if you want to get overspray all in your new shop or not, but painting isn't that bad. Just need some good exhaust fans. I used a box fan with a furnace filter to catch the paint. The filler and sanding work is super tedious but lots of money to be saved. Especially if you have the time.

Did a base coat clear coat recently.

The base didn't seem to hang around in the air like single stage does. The clear on the other hand, got foggy quick.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much experience painting with proper equipment but I guess I could learn? I already have a compressor in the garage so that would be a start. I have to teach myself to be a bit more patient when it comes to bodywork too, thankfully there is very little to do. I hope to make progress in the coming months, If I get the shell ready to paint there is a local body shop that MIGHT take on the spray job.
Sideways

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett Wilkie wrote:
I don't have much experience painting with proper equipment but I guess I could learn? I already have a compressor in the garage so that would be a start. I have to teach myself to be a bit more patient when it comes to bodywork too, thankfully there is very little to do. I hope to make progress in the coming months, If I get the shell ready to paint there is a local body shop that MIGHT take on the spray job.

I have painted a couple myself and the results were fine - BUT - prep is the biggest part of the job (yes, I know everyone knows this - or should know this).

The best paint job in the world will never hide any errors or blemishes - these days I leave that part of it to the experts, even small jobs.

If you can't find an actual bodyshop up there, maybe a boatbuilder?
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a boat builder could be an idea, I don't mind spending a bit and I do have some time to check things out so it would be great if I could get this thing on the road in 2018?? I have heard that there are a few talented people around, it just a matter of investigating and organizing it I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: