www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

66 MK1 GT Cortina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: 66 MK1 GT Cortina Reply with quote

I’m kinda confused on one of , hopefully, the last of my wiring woes. I have a female connector that I don’t seem to have a place to attach to. There is a white wire that loops in the back of the tach, it then goes to the spade connector on the back as shown. It then goes off somewhere? I also have a wire missing on the other spade connector. I realise wiring issues are difficult to diagnose and yes I do have a wiring diagram but I can’t figure the damn thing out. Thanks guys.
peteleo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still + grd ? The other disconnected white wire attaches to a white male
terminal that goes to the primary side of the coil. Also, attach a ground wire to the back of the tach.

The other side of the loop which you have already attached shares the same connection to the power terminal, also attached, goes to the ignition.
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete, I am converting to negative ground as I go, probably why I’m getting so confused, I’ve made the necessary changes to the rev counter and I’m just reassembling it all. I’ll take another look and see if what you tell me makes sense. I hate wiring...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: