www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I guess im new...new to here anyhoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Member Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BitchinMachine

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: I guess im new...new to here anyhoo Reply with quote

I couldnt decide wether to torment James and Mike (hi guys)with some 'spammer' name like I did elsewhere! Laughing ..(gottawoodie) Wink

so I decided to go with the name of my 1st 1957 Thames...
.."the Bitchin Machine"
Wink

prelude; My Dad bought me a 1951 Prefect when i was 10 years old(to keep me out of his hair, and his garage) Laughing..I kept it till I was about 19 Cool

Chapter 1;..the BM missed being my 1st car by about a week!(got beat out by a 61 impala,409,4spd).... but the BM started an ugly addiction Wink

Long story short...I'm over 50 now..and have owned over 20-100's and a few 105's...
still have a 1958 Anglia,37,000 orig miles,but in my youth..it seemed like a good idea to put a 2800V6 in it!...(sorry to the diehards)
(although..it has not seen the light of day in 15 years)

and I still have(sorta..my dad and I, that story some other time Wink )a 59 Thames...which also got the 2600V6 treatment!...and gets driven!!

I lost the addiction a long time ago...but not the fascination...I sold the BM and its 5 brothers and sisters about 7 years ago...and they still haunt me Laughing
3 sellers later...they now belong to a guy I went to school with and he calls me looking for parts Laughing Laughing

I still have a crap load of parts..and the 2 above mentioned!

dont know how much I'll be around...mind ya ..when James mentioned the plan for this site...I remember thinking....
...NAH...I dont need another forum.. Rolling Eyes ....yet....here I am Laughing
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BM,

Welcome to EnFoStuff. Sounds like you have a long history with these cars – would love to see some old pixs if you’ve got ‘em. I admit to being and original condition purist, but I must admit that updating the drivetrain on the 100Es sure make them more user friendly.

You know James from before? Where are you located?

Michael
BitchinMachine

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup..like i said..1st thames at 16...50+ now...still have some!! Wink
I guess that qualifies as awhile Laughing

and I know you and J from the Merc board Wink
105epaul

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 61 Impala with a 409 and 4-speed as your first car? I think that's pretty cool being as I used to own a 61 with a 348. Now have a 59 Impala with a tri-power 348 and 4-speed as well as my 105E. I am just a bit envious as I have always wanted a 409 car!

Paul
BitchinMachine

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

105epaul wrote:
A 61 Impala with a 409 and 4-speed as your first car? I think that's pretty cool being as I used to own a 61 with a 348. Now have a 59 Impala with a tri-power 348 and 4-speed as well as my 105E. I am just a bit envious as I have always wanted a 409 car!

Paul

yup...that Chevy was the reason I've never owned 1 since!!! Laughing
but i went horribly wrong with my kid(he likes GM) Evil or Very Mad ...he has 4 59 Chevy wagons!! Laughing ..(only 1 is a 348 car)
105epaul

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have taken the 61 off your hands! Your kid has the right idea, 4 59 wagons, now that is kool. I would like just one. tell your son I like his style! Actually I like all sorts of vehicles but do have a thing for GM stuff. And Mopars. But lots of stuff floats my boat! Good that you have owned Anglia 105Es, my all time favourite small car. My dad had a 59 100E Anglia and a succession of Cortinas and Zephyrs so we were a Ford family when I grew up in the 60s/70s. No Austins for us!

Paul
BitchinMachine

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"no Austins" Laughing
..well i cant say that..I had a 61' A40 and a 49' A40 P/U...at some point
waaay back Wink
105epaul

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 61 A40, that must be rare in the States. A cousin has one in his garage, very clean body and he put a tuned 1275 Sprite motor in it which made it fun. Also has Sprite discs and wide steels, it is kind of cute and he did offer it to me a while back. May take him up on it someday. Now if it had been a 105E it would have been mine by now! Sounds like you have had some interesting vehicles, what do you have these days? I've owned around 60 cars I think, a mix of British/American/Japanese and a lone Swede.

Paul
BitchinMachine

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually Paul..I'm in White Rock BCCanada....ive tried in vain to edit my 'profile'...but the 'profile' section wont let me change anything Laughing
I hate computers!! Twisted Evil

I usually try to avoid the "how many" talk Laughing
lets just say...'had'..over 400
....'have'...bout 20.. Wink ...only the 2 Enfos tho Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Member Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: