www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mark 1 Zephyr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Readers Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zephyrgary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Mark 1 Zephyr Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I recently bought a rare Raymond Mays badge on eBay UK which is now attached to my grill. I also fitted higher profile 165/80-13 tires which I think suit the period of the car a lot better than the previous ones. Now that we have new brakes and a new radiator she is good to go.
You may also notice a decal I have placed in the rear window. This is an attempt to send a subliminal message to law enforcement so that they will leave me alone if I do anything naughty.
Cheers,
Gary

105epaul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

PYN is looking lovely! I'm not sure but I think Kevin makes RM badges as his Consul Estate now sports one. They get up to all sorts of trickery in that workshop. And of course make lots of tea. Good to see the car is nearly ready to go, is it registered in Arizona? I know that in the USA you can apply for personal plates, reckon PYN312 would suit the car, lol! Moggie looks nice too.

Paul
zephyrgary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it's been registered and used for over a year now.in fact since i got it.it was off the road a while while the brakes were sorted.the old licence plate is probably fooling you.arizona is a state that does not require front licence plates so i left the old one on.i did try to get PYN 312 but they will not issue a 3 letter 3 number plate as there is a chance the computer might issue it randomly.kevin remarked that it seems odd to see the car in such sunny circumstances!
the morry is a lot of fun as it looks stock but has a fiat twin cam and 5 speed.it was built by the beardmore bros in england and has been featured in many books and mags.
cheers for now,gary
105epaul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame that Arizona laws prevented you having PYN as your plate. I didn't know that you don't need a front plate either. Bet the Zephyr gets people wondering what it is at shows, anyone get it right? Having a RHD car must confuse people too! I think the Beardmore brothers are still building Minors, an MM low light springs to mind. Must be quite nippy with the Fiat twincam, I did see an Anglia with that engine at the Classic Ford show last Sunday at Santa Pod. It's not popular anymore here as the supply of terminally rotten twincam Fiats has dried up over here. Oh and you'll be pleased to know as you bask in the Arizona sunshine that as I write this it is pouring with rain!

Paul
zephyrgary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because of the rhd i have had people take pictures with their cell phones at traffic lights.most folks have no idea what it is although every once in a while they think its an anglia.quite a few 100e types were sold here back in the day.you are right about the beardmores.they just finished a wicked low light morry convertible.my morris is a lot of fun as it is quite peppy but looks bone stock even though it has disc brakes and a toyota axle.in fact you can see the build up at beardmorebros dot co dot uk.
cheers
Sky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sweet Zep Gary !!!!!! I'm trying to barter for a mk2 Zep estate , the Zep is very rare here .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: