www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long Time Lurker Signs On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Member Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigpen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Long Time Lurker Signs On Reply with quote

Greetings All,
I've been lurking for some time, although I'm not new to English Fords. I've owned a 1968 Cortina GT, a 1963 Cortina, and a 1966 Cortina GT. I am currently looking for a pre air flow Mk1 2 door.
My current cars are a 1966 Morris Mini Mk1 and a 1957 Austin A35 that needs a new home...
I'm in Federal Way, Washington, center of the known universe.
Tom Springer
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Tom,

I remember you and one of your earlier Cortinas from beck in the day (the 20th century). Hope that you find the pre-airflow model that you are looking for.

Michael

Last edited by IFHP on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
pigpen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael,
It is hard to believe but that Cortina GT has been gone almost nine years. I sold the car to a fellow from Cincinnati. He flew out, drove it around the block, made an offer, then sent a shipper to pick it up. It was loaded to the bumps with extra parts as the driver of the rig pulled away. It is one of the cars I should not have let slip away.
Tom
66gt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom,

Glad you came to your senses and joined up to the other side of car fun. I too have Minis and thought I recognized the Pigpen sign in from Mini Mania/SAMOA forums, welcome to the other car craziness. I too am a member with SAMOA and on Mini Manias forum as GreenThumb but also own a 1966 MKI Cortina GT.
If your looking for a Cortina I sometimes stumble into people selling theirs so I will add you to the growing list. I personally don't need another Cortina but I will certainly help you find one.

Steve
pigpen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve,
Several weeks ago I spotted a Mk1 body on a Scout chassis and the wheels started turning...a blank canvas was enticing...but the car sold. The body has resurfaced sans the Scout bits (a much more appealing proposition) but I don't have the time to fund such a project.
I did, however, find something that I was NOT looking for. I bougt a Fiesta! Certainly not a Cortina, but it has all the right bits and it is not a huge project. There seems to be a large group of clandestine Fiesta owners out and about. I'm looking forward to this next adventure. It will look good next to my Mini.

Tom
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Love to see a picture of your Fiesta when you get a chance.
pigpen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car just arrived yesterday. I'll post pics after I wash it.
Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Member Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: