www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MISSING 1961 FORD CONSUL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: MISSING 1961 FORD CONSUL Reply with quote

We have been arranging a look-see at the Ford Consul listed on the Charlotte (NC) Craigslist a number of weeks ago. Here's what is going on so far: The owner (who happens to be a veteran) has been in the hospital for several weeks. In the meantime, the Ford Consul has turned up missing from his front yard. The person assisting the owner in the sale of his cars feels that it probably has been stolen for scrap metal. I can certainly say that the scrap metal business up here in Virginia is active and lucrative right now, so this theory is plausible. However, most scrap metal haulers are saavy about collector cars too, or possible collector cars, and will search out where the most money is.
At this point, I am not sure whether this car is a Consul, Consul Classic or Consul Capri, as we never got to actually look at it, and there is conflict on whether it is a 4-door or 2-door. It is supposed to be light beige or maybe yellow in color though. I would say that if anyone sees a Consul sold or come out of the eastern US, to be wary of it's identity. Any updates will be posted. Thanks !
Toni
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Consul 315 Reply with quote

Toni,

That is really unfortunate. Assuming it is a Consul 315 (which came in 4 and 2-dr form), they are the rarest of the officially imported English Fords in North America. Unlike the Consul Capris, nobody saved these. As a result, EFONA is only aware of two survivors, (one is a parts car for the other), both owned by Jeff Fenwick in Ontario.

Hope it is foundů

Michael
toni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Update on Missing Ford Consul Reply with quote

Here is what I believe to be the End of the Story for the missing 1961 Ford Consul. I contacted the person today that was assisting the owner in selling his cars. She said that while the owner was in the hospital, his son-in-law took the Ford to a local scrap business and sold it for cash. Apparently this was a drug-related issue and the son-in-law confessed to taking the car after much questioning by the Police and others. They went to the local scrap business for verification and the business owners said they thought the son-in-law was out of his mind for scrapping this car, but the deal took place anyway. I suppose it is possible that someone at the scrapyard pulled the Ford aside and away from the crusher, but no indication this happened. This tells me that the car was probably roadworthy or near-roadworthy as I had been led to believe early on.
I still was not able to establish which model of 1961 Consul this was, but in any case, it is a sad end to what could have been another English Ford on the road again.
With this saga apparently closed, our search for a Consul Capri continues....
Toni
stanchfi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear such a sad end to the story, but thanks for letting us know.

-James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: