www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

aftermarket radiator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reggie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: aftermarket radiator Reply with quote

Hey guys anyone using an aftermarket aluminum radiator on there Anglia 105e Here? I have been looking around to see if I can get one to retrofit on my 67 anglia. The MG Radiator looks like it could possibly wrk with a lil modification.. any ideas from you guys here?

Reggie
peteleo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie,

The MG midget radiator is close enough to fit in an Anglia with slight mods and re-drilling the rad brackets.

Why not re-use the Anglia rad ? It can usually be re-cored for $150-200 or
boiled out and pressure checked for under $100.

Pete
reggie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: radiator Reply with quote

peteleo wrote:
Reggie,

The MG midget radiator is close enough to fit in an Anglia with slight mods and re-drilling the rad brackets.

Why not re-use the Anglia rad ? It can usually be re-cored for $150-200 or
boiled out and pressure checked for under $100.

Pete

I prefer to use the Anglia radiator but this radiator does not help the car at all. I drive my car decent miles in the summer and it does not quite over heat but reaches up there . The electric fan does help but I want the car to run cooler. I have used an aluminum radiator on my Cutlass and it help with overheating issues . I was thinking an aluminum radiator will help me on the anglia. Am gonna look into the re-cored and see how that wrks.. Thanks any more help will be appreciated..

reggie
peteleo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take it to a rad shop to determine if it needs to be re-cored or just boiled out. A copper rad dissipates heat better than an alum. rad. A new copper rad will keep an engine cooler than a new alum one of equal volume/size. The main reason for installing alum rads because they are lighter and cheaper to produce.
zephyrgary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the rad on my 1955 Zephyr re-cored after it expired the first time it hit 105 degrees here in AZ. Using modern technology they re built it to double its original capacity within the same top and bottom tanks. It has neber even got close to hot since then and temps hit 115 here. Also, my motor is massively modified (Mays head, triple Webers, etc) and it does not have an engine fan at all. Just twin electric fans that I only ever turn on if the car is stationary or crawling in traffic. So, definitely look at a recore.
reggie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: hey guys Reply with quote

wanna say thanks am going to look into getting the rad re-core thanks for this information It was very much helpful...

reggie..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: