www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I prime the oiling system on a 1959 105e ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allenandlaura

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: How do I prime the oiling system on a 1959 105e ? Reply with quote

Hello all,

My wife and I have a 1959 105e that has been sitting for several years which we are wishing to get on the road. I have experience with 1970's era Ford 2.0 and 2.3 but none with the 997CI motor.

I had hope to prime the oiling system symilarly to the way I have on the Ford 2.0 and 2.3's - down the distributor inlet with a hex shaft turned via a drill.

Is there a way to prime this motor? I do not wish to turn it over dry.

Thank you,
Allen
JAN

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pump is external, below the distributor. Remove the end plate (four 7/16" AF bolts), pump in oil and refit (there's an 'O' ring inside to seal it). Then spin the engine over with the plugs out until the oil light goes out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: