www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cortina Mk2 adjustable track control arms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Cortina Mk2 adjustable track control arms Reply with quote

Thought I would ask because I don't really want to do this myself and chance wrecking new control arms, does anyone know of a business here in the States or Canada that can safely and economically convert them to adjustable? It is common to do in the U.K. but I have never really heard of anybody doing them here. I might consider sending them to the U.K. to convert but it would be quite costly to send them over and back. I have a variety of track arms here to choose from but its not likely that any one will be the perfect length. I want to use the Mk2 arms because of the angles involved but if I have to I will use a set of the others???

Want to convert a set out of this bunch

to adjustable, similar to this idea

peteleo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found anyone here in the States that would convert T/C arms to adjustable units. Milton racing is probably your best bet and reliable place to purchase from. http://www.dalek.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/105speed/Milton.pdf
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree Milton does have some nice things, that picture I used of the adjustable arms is from their website. There is still a chance that my arms won't need to be adjustabe if the geometry works out but I will not know until I get my strut conversion done. I will also be using their Hi Ratio steering arms on the Mk2 struts, they seem to have it all sorted. I find it odd though that in a big Country like the U.S.A. that nobody does such work, I guess there isn't that much need here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: