www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

solex 32PICB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
estuardoklee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: solex 32PICB Reply with quote

hi, i am from Guatemala City in Central America and i have a Ford Taunus 1963 P3FS. where i can found parts for the Solex32PICB carburator? reparation kit, used or new carburator? help please!!
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Solex Reply with quote

Hi,

I'll try to get some information for you on this. But I can tell you the best chance of finding these will be from Europe, or if your lucky, on e-bay. I need to research this for my own P3 anyway.

Michael
toni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago I was running a 32PICB on a 1951 Singer and found a rebuild kit from TREADWELL CARBURETORS in Treadwell, New Jersey USA (607-829-8321). I do not know if they still have anything for Solex, as their website talks mostly about tractors now. Google Treadwell Carbs.
The packaging had 32PICB listed as for a Borgward Isabella, and I have a vague recollection of also seeing it listed for Citroen and early VW. As mentioned earlier, your chances of 32PICB carbs and/or parts is much greater in Europe.
Toni
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: European Ford Parts Suppliers Reply with quote

Regarding the question about parts for the Solex carburetor on your P3 Taunus, the following businesses MIGHT be helpful:

Old Cars & Parts Store:

Located in Germany, Old Cars & Parts specialize in German Fords, but mostly from the “V” engine era and up. I ordered an emergency brake cable for my Mk III Cortina from them and was happy with their service.
www.oldcars.de

Harrie Drenth’s Classic Ford Parts:

Located in Holland with a half page ad in every issue of Dutch Ford Taunus/M Club magazine. I have never done business with his company.

Autoplaatwerk@hotmail.com

Michael
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Solex on ebay Reply with quote

Found this on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SOLEX-carburetor-32-PICBA-Taunus-German-Ford-17M_W0QQitemZ330218473185QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330218473185
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: