www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathproofcapri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:53 am    Post subject: What's the deal Reply with quote

Why is this forum so bloody dead???? Are British fords really that scares in the us???? Yanks used to bollocks motors instead....!!?
JAN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to our American cousins, many boards about British Fords can be pretty quiet in Britain, too. There's only so many intelligent things that can be said about what, even over here, is a bit of a niche market.
Bob_S

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jo,
You have to remember that the last English Ford was sold in the USA in 1970. In Canada I believe it was 1974, the MKIII Cortina. That's over 40 years ago.

Presently I don't own an English Ford and I may not for awhile.

Since there isn't a lot of discussion on, it could be because it is summer and people are out enjoying the weather after a VERY harsh winter, there car and/or families.

You could propose topics and lets see if others join in.

Cheers,
Bob
angliagt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just look at your "User Name" - WHY would anyone respond
to a person who uses "death proof" as part of their user name?
Modern cars are "death proof",as they're isolated,& have
25+ airbags.A Capri is NOT,as it has NONE of the modern "Nanny-
features" found in modern cars.
Is this a British thing?

- Doug
Deathproofcapri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pahahahahahaha, WHAT!? You want to moan about my username?? Get you head out your arse! Hahaha! it has nothing to do with it being fully equipped with airbags etc. I built a Capri once for a laugh with my
Brother with a spare shell we had, Matt black with the skull and lightening bolts on tge bonnet along with the 'duel' duck bonnet ornament like the nova from the film deathproof...... It was entertaining as i remembere everyone moving aside allowing me to overtake, we made a silly video and the username just stuck. So chill out buddy. Haha, It's a bloody username! Got nothing better to do rather than moan about my username of a bloody Internet forum? And as to a reply
To the above posts, yeah I totally get that, I mean British fords are like rocking horse shite over here so I can understand there's not a huge amount of activity on here in that sense, but then again, they are about, and so sparsely about the country it's make sense for the owners of those cars to come to a (community) site like this as its not like there are meets erc just round the corner. Also, there are many uk forums which are constantly
Booming, turnbosport, 105e, fordcaprilaser.co.uk, passion ford, retrorides etc etc they are all heaving. Turbosport in particular has a huge community, although not solely orientated around fords, 99.9 percent if tge builds there are ford, members cars etc. for
Anyone who's interested, my members introduction is about to get updated with afew cars I've owned and built so maybe check it out
Deathproofcapri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JAN wrote:
To be fair to our American cousins, many boards about British Fords can be pretty quiet in Britain, too. There's only so many intelligent things that can be said about what, even over here, is a bit of a niche market.
you voted turbosport bud? Fordcapriforum? Retrorides? If not I'd defenatly recommend it bud!
Deathproofcapri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and sorry, I want convoy!! Not duel
DonG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Site Support Reply with quote

In support of the managers of this site: I check it nightly and depend on it to make contact with people who have parts for my rare 100e. I don't often comment on the entries but I appreciate the site and would be alone on the east coast without any other 100e connections. Thanks for keeping me connected. Don G.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Don, you needn't be alone on the East Coast with your 100e. The best Forum and Facebook site for any 100e enthusiast is located at http://www.ford100e.org/ in case you are not already a member.
DonG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: 100E club Reply with quote

Brett, Thanks a lot for the lead to the 100e club. I tried joining awhile back on the English web site but got kicked off. I didn't realize there was an American version. Don
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try, try again, there is only one ford100e.org website and it is very worthwhile.
66gt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon my ignorance. ..where's Nj pa?
peteleo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Jersey, Penn. ?
Deathproofcapri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ford100e is a brilliant site. It's pretty small but aims at, 100e's, 105e's 300's Thames, squires, anglias pop's etc. and a decent crowd of people on there!

As for nj pa, I put that as I'm in Easton in pa. but I spend a lot
Of time in phillipsburg/alpha, Frenchtown new jeresy too. And anyone who knows any of those areas know that they're right along the Delaware nj/pa borderline! Anyway! I JUST brought my first Capri since I've been over here in the states! '73 2600. Pretty solid. Complete and a very good price! Few miles from me so 500 bucks for it delivered to my door is worth the extra bit as I got such a good deal on it. I have a Cossie yb waiting on a pallet to get shipped over from that great nation known as britian which I expect will make its way under tge bonnet of this little soon to be beaut!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: