www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wiring harness routing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: wiring harness routing Reply with quote

I am putting a universal wiring harness in the 300E...can anyone tell me the if the stock harness passes through the large hole in the side of the pedal/column brace? If for some reason the pedal/column brace needs to be removed, it would be impossible if the wiring passes through this hole. I will be running the harness through the original hole in the firewall. Anyone have pics?
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark, I have never tried a universal wire harness so I can't say about that. I can tell you the stock wire harness does enter/exit from that pedal support through the bulkhead above and between the master cylinders.

When inside the car it splits and most goes to the left through the hole in the pedal support assembly to the cluster, signals, rear harness and lights.

Some of it will exit out the right side to ignition switch and dome light and maybe more but I am working from memory so?

I hope that sheds some light on it?
mark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just as I suspected (and vaguely remembered from 40 yrs ago) it does pass thru the hole in the side. I just thought it was odd the brace will no longer be removable. thanks again Brett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: