www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MK 2 Cortina throttle linkage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: MK 2 Cortina throttle linkage Reply with quote

Just thought I would share my solution to changing from rod linkage to cable on my MK2 GT to twin cam conversion. I know that one option was to weld a bracket to the pedal assembly but figured it would be easier to use the existing 'rod'. It actually works well.

Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is more than one way to skin the cat I see. It is interesting that the vent on your valve cover is identical to what I did on my old Lotus Cortina, it was a one off idea so I wonder if there is a chance that could be my old engine in there???
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got it from a guy in Cranbrook who inherited it from his brother who was an aircraft engineer and had rebuilt it. Apparently it sat in this guys basement for 11 years. I took a chance and it seems to work pretty good.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know how these cars get around? I sold mine to Richard Chong of Richmond Auto Clinic in 1984 after I blew the engine during an autocross. The bottom end was destroyed but the cylinder head was not damaged at all. I really don't know what became of the car after that??? I bought my car back in 1973 when Lotus Cortina's weren't so sought after and expensive. I paid $300 for it (yes, three hundred bucks) in 73 for a real 6 year old Lotus Cortina and was happy to get $900 for it after the engine blew 11 years later. You can imagine my regret now for selling it. Here is a picture of it, looks funny because it's half polished.

zephyrgary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should say that because back in the UK in the mid 70s Lotus Cortinas were about 250. As a young newly married man, with a mortgage, that was too much, even then. Sigh...
angliagt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Chong - I remember him.
Is he/his shop still around?
I have one of his decals around here -
somewhere.

- Doug
Sideways

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zephyrgary wrote:
Funny you should say that because back in the UK in the mid 70s Lotus Cortinas were about 250. As a young newly married man, with a mortgage, that was too much, even then. Sigh...

I sold both of the MK1's I had (at the same time for 200 for the first one and 200 plus a round of beers for the second one in 1977.

Richard is still around, he sold RAC and after a while got bored and opened up a one man shop, still in Richmond, dunno if he is still working haven't talked to him in a couple of years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: