www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P3 Manifold Castings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: P3 Manifold Castings Reply with quote

Kevin and I were working on the manifold replacment job on my P3 1700.

We managed to pull the manifold off of my black parts car and we were trying to figure out which one needs less repair work.

The black parts sedan is a 1961 and my Turnier is a 1963, all though the casting numbers are the same on both manifolds, you can see how the logo has switched from "F-K" to "FoMoCo."

Last edited by IFHP on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
raypmcc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: manifold castings Reply with quote

I'm guessing that the "F-K" mark stands for Ford-Koeln (Cologne), thus a Made in Germany item. perhaps the FoMoCo item is imported to Germany from some other Ford foundry - - maybe So. America ?? Hey guys in Argentina, help us out here....take a look at your manifolds, please. Also, are any UK manifolds marked FoMoCo ???? Fords forever! Ray P.
peteleo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading about that somewhere.

Parts made by Ford of England were marked EnFo. By the mid 60's Ford used the FoMoCo logo more for any Ford automotive product worldwide.

Ford was looking to intergrade their overseas subsidiaries into a more universal auto co. by 1970. i.e. Cortina and Taunus models became basically the same car.
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete is exactly right. Ford just standardized their trademarking in the early 1960s.

Last edited by IFHP on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Ale06

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Taunus P3 (It was imported from Germany in 1961) have the FK (Ford Koln= Ford Cologne) symbol in each of its pieces!
I believe a lot of Fords from Europe were exported without parts for avoid the weight into the ship. Maybe the FOMOCO part was made in USA.
I know too, Badewannes (Taunus P3) had two series.
My brother have a Taunus P7B 1968 (under restoration) and a lot of parts say FK and others FOMOCO. I suppose from 1963/4 some spares were called with FOMOCO code too in Germany.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: