www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New member from Maryland, USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Member Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnsanglia

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: New member from Maryland, USA Reply with quote

Hello, I am a new member from Rock Hall, MD (Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay). My first car was an Anglia, back in 1972. I think it was a 1964 or 1966 but don't remember for sure. I wanted a car and Dad said if I found one that ran for $100 he would buy it for me. I found one for $150, a Ford Anglia. Dad was impressed and bought it for me. It was running on two cyclinders out of four, so we crawled home in it. Dad and I scoured junkyards together, finding parts. He taught me all about engines and bodywork, brakes, etc. I loved that little car. A few years later when my older sister graduated college and got a job, Dad sold the Anglia to help buy a car for her. I've always wanted another. I bet I won't find it for $150!
If anyone knows of a one for sale in the USA, with a decent body and running or near running condition, please let me know. I'm looking forward to reading about other people and their experiences with those wonderful little English Ford cars.
Below, if I did the image insert correctly, is a photo of me and my Anglia in 1972.
(alt+p)[/img]
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photo. From the grille it looks like a 1962-63 US export model. Welcome to EnFo Stuff.
enfoprefect

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you find one soon. And happy to have you here.
zephyrgary

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One just came up for sale over at the Yahoo Cortina forum. The seller's email is

kla90703@yahoo.com and the car is in New Mexico. here are some pics

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p229/lotuscortina/Anglia/

Welcome to the group.

Gary
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find Gary. It looks like a gem. I wonder if it is a 105E or a 123E?

Michael
shawnsanglia

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip! I've already emailed the seller for more information.
105epaul

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum from someone in the UK where your little Anglia was made. I also started driving in 1972 and bought a 62 Anglia Deluxe for 90 and it served me well. Took all the abuse a 17yo kid could throw at it, lol. Alas it was rusty and after I had sold it to a friend it went to meet its makers in 73/4. I still have an Anglia though, a 1959 Deluxe which cost rather more than 90! It is much much nicer though. I hopee you succeed in your quest to buy another one, that first one sure made an impression on you didn't it?

Paul Smile
shawnsanglia

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome from the UK. Sounds like we are the same age.
Given the current exchange rate, 90 Pounds is about $130, so your Anglia was a better buy than my $150 Anglia! Gas was 27 cents a gallon back in 1972 (I used to save my school lunch money - which was 35 cents a day - to buy gas). And the Anglia went a long way on few gallons. All in all, having a car sure was cheaper in 1972.
Yes, that little car made a huge impression on me. I remember I had to come to a stop to go into first gear, and zooming down hills so I could make it up the next one at a decent speed with all of the Anglia's 37 hp. I also learned not to hold a dripping ice cream cone out the window while zooming down a hill, as the ice cream blew out of the cone and landed on the windshield of the car behind me. I learned a lot of life's lessons with that car.
105epaul

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember my first Anglia with affection to this day, the poor little thing. I abused it, it got stolen and used for parts for another Anglia, I got it back and went around the junkyards putting it back together again. My parents were concerned abut it and made me buy a 68 Cortina in 1973 as they thought I had a good chance of killing myself in the Anglia. They were probably right, lol. Today I have been out in my Anglia as it had to go for its annual safety inspection which it passed with flying colours! They are great stories about your Anglia Shawn and I very much hope you get another one to relive those heady days of the 70s.

Paul
Ale06

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Anglias 105e/123e Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Member Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: