www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery EnFo Engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Mystery EnFo Engine Reply with quote

I recently received this e-mail from a Jeep owner in Ontario. If anybody has any into on this, please post a reply here.

Thanks,

Michael

Hello IFHP

I just recently bought a 1946 JEEP to my surprise it had an engine with ENFO stamped on the side of it the only other marking is M 29 C Can you help me find any other markings to identify what engine I have

Glenn Ward
London, ON

peteleo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little reseach on "M 29 C" and came up with a Weasel tank.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M29_Weasel

L-6 Engines were supplied by Studebaker but I'm thinking the EnFo factory may have supplied engines for all types of Military vehicles.

Pete
105epaul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before WW2 Studebaker did have a plant in West London where right hand drive vehicles were assembled for the UK market, they were quite popular. It may be that Ford UK built some Weasels as they had much larger production facilities and they did produce a lot of military vehicles as the sale of private vehicles ended with the beginning of WW2 in September 1939. It is probable that they produced the Studebaker L6 engine under licence and marked it with an ENFO plate to identify where the engine had been manufactured. At that time Ford UK only had the 933cc flathead four cylinder and the famous flathead V8 in production for their range of vehicles, they didn't offer a six cylinder engine until the introduction of the Mk1 Zephyr in 1950.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: