www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie from BC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Member Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canadianmk3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Newbie from BC Reply with quote

Hi my names David, Im 16 years old and my first car is a 1972 Ford Cortina L 4 door. Its evergreen metallic with the 2.0 and 4 speed. I was introduced to the site by Ale06 from the buysellcortina uk forum. I got my Mk3 when I was 12. It was given to me and I have less than $200 into it. Ive been making all my own metal repair pieces for it. I was reading on here that as little as 16 Mk3 cortinas are known to be alive. Im not sure if mine is part of that number. It was last insired in British Columbia in 1989 with the License plate 289 MDF. Im in Langley, BC so if theres anyone else with a Mk3 cortina in the area please feel free to message me!

Thanks, I hope to find many parts on this site as shipping from the UK is not cheap and I also hope to go to many old ford shows once mine is completed sometime later this year.
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Welcome to EnFoStuff and thanks for your post on Flickr too. Your car is not one of the Mk IIIs known to the registry, so we add another one. I look forward to following your progress and hope to see your car some day.

Michael
Ale06

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard David! Nice to see you here too.
Very Happy
105epaul

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome David from a member in the UK who went on a school visit to Dagenham in 1972, may even have seen your Cortina going down the line, lol. My father also bought a new Mk3 that year, a two door 1600L and he even allowed me to (I was 17yo then) choose the colour and some of the extras. Although we were a family of five I said it had to be a two door with sports road wheels, a radio and a black vinyl roof. It looked quite spiffy and I don't recall ever seeing another one like it. I hope you get your car done and have fun with it, they are a rare sight here these days.

Paul
canadianmk3

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im already having fun with it
Ive been driving it around the big empty lot next to our shop. The pinto goes pretty good. Its overcarbed, so it stumbles a bit but really takes off Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Member Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: