www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My MK 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Readers Rides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: My MK 11 Reply with quote

Thought I would add a couple of pictures, now that I have figured out how to! It's my 1970 GT,

, hopefully, to receive a Lotus twin cam transplant.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car looks tidy, where did you buy it? There was this one here in Vancouver that looks a lot like yours, could it be the same? This car was for sale here by this "little old lady" in November 2001 and I was interested in it but was beaten to by the two younger fellows in the pictures, I got a few pictures though.

This car had about 53000 miles on it at the time and was in good shape, cheap too as I recall.
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit there are a lot of similarities there. I bought the car here in Saskatoon about 4 years ago, I believe. It was sold by, and still has a badge on the trunk, by Merlin Motors of Saskatoon. I have some paperwork showing the first owner lived in Saskatoon as well. I know of 4 former owners, 3 from Saskatoon and 1 guy in Regina. I think it had about 67,000 miles on it when I bought it for $2500. The motor is really good, not exactly sure why I'm going to put the twin cam in, I had to get the usual spots welded but overall it's pretty solid. I had a 1600E back in England about 30 years ago so I couldn't think of a good reason why I shouldn't buy it when I saw it. Same sort of dash but I have refurbished it from this picture and it is a little darker now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Readers Rides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: