www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bremerton WA Oct. 14th Autocross

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediTalen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Bremerton WA Oct. 14th Autocross Reply with quote

I am new to your Forum having followed a cross posting to the PNWMON list.
I want to take this oppourtunity to personally invite you Capri-owning fellows to join me and my motley crew of XR types for a day of autocross in Bremerton this weekend (Oct 14th) hosted by the Bremerton Sports Car Club (www.bscc.net).
Sadly this is the last event of the 2007 Season but I'll bet that once you get a taste of the fun You'll be back in the spring!

Mike

Kitsap Kup - Autocross Event #8

Online registration:
http://www.autocrossscorekeeper.com/register/bscc/

Morning registration: 7:30am-8:30am
Afternoon registration: 11:30am-12:30pm
Run groups at http://www.bscc.net/content/view/3/4

$30 for members, $35 for nonmembers. There is an additional $5 discount for pre-registration before Friday (There is no admission fee, you only pay if you play)

From Tacoma:

Take Hwy 16 west across the bridge, Exit at the Tremont Street-Old Clifton Road Exit in Port Orchard, turn Left onto Old Clifton Road.
Follow old Clifton Road until you see the mini-mart on your left, turn left then immediately right (dog-leg) to stay on Old Clifton, this goes directly to the gate

From Olympia:

Take hwy 101 to Shelton, then go north on hwy 3 towards Bremerton.
Once you get north of the Bremerton Airport start looking for Sunnyslope road which will turn to the right.
Follow Sunnyslope to Alameda Street, and turn right again.
Alameda ends at a "T" go right a third time and follow the road to the gate.

There are clear signs for the Bremerton MotorSports Park and mapquest directions are availiable at www.bscc.net
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Autocross Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks for the invitation. It is good to have some overlap with PNWMON folks. How was the autocross? You had great weather!

Michael
JediTalen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was an ideal day for autocross, witha reasonable turnout and nice cool weather. We had a fair turn out, a wonderfully fast course, and the usual mixture of cars. The field included an old school Mini (which if I may say here was in absolutely perfect condition), a Lotus Exige, a Viper GTS, and just about everything in between.

No capris Sad but one of the challengers for fast time of the day was driving a 2001 Cougar which is of course a derivitave of the Contour which in turn is a EuroFord! Twisted Evil

Videos here: http://desktop.akilla.net/pics/autox/2007BSCC8/

Sadly my Merkur has developed a steady drip from the rear main seal and was sidelined in favor of my Mom's Mustang GT (looks like I'm doing engine AND brakes this winter Confused )

So now its into the cave to install all the go faster parts I have piled up all over my house, fix what broke this year, and get back in the saddle next spring!

PS: Keep your eyes peeled for a rust-orange/red XR4Ti. I have it on good authority that one of the Bondurant cars is on the loose around here somewhere, but I don't know who's got it...
stanchfi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great videos (Just glad I don't get motion sickness easily!) Looks like ALOT of fun!

Good luck on the rebuild and brake job

-James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: