www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1964 TAUNUS 12M COUPE P4TS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DE-STROKE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: 1964 TAUNUS 12M COUPE P4TS Reply with quote

I AN LOOKING TO SELL MY P4 COUPE I BELIVE THIS MAY BE A VERY RARE CAR HERE, NEVER SEEM ONE ADVERTISED BEFORE . HAS SOME RUST BUT RESTORABLE .TIMING COVER OFF MOTOR ,BUT IT IS COMPLETE . CALL MIKE IN ARIZONA AT 1-520-490-4211 CALL OR TEXT FOR PICTURES
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could well be the only one in North America. The first one that I have heard of. How did you come to own it? If you are willing to post some photos here, I'm sure people would find them of interest.

German Fords in Cologne, 1965 by Michael, on Flickr

For those who don't know, the blue and white coupe on the left it the type of care we are talking about.

Last edited by IFHP on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
zephyrgary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough the Feb issue of Practical Classics has a 2 page cutaway article on this very model.
Gary
Bob_S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this car was on the San Diego Craigslist for a while. From what I could see in the pictures the driver's floor was gone. The listing is gone now. Here is the old link.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5905526802.html
DE-STROKE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: TAUNUS 12M P4TS COUPE Reply with quote

I POSTED AN AD FOR A 64 TAUNUS AWHILE BACK, I'M POSTING THE PICTURES NOW . THE CAR CAME INTO THE STATES THROUGH AN AIR FORCE SERVICEMAN IN THE 70s. IT SAT UNCOVERED SINCE IN ARIZONA FOR THE LAST 40 YEARS. YES THERE IS RUST, THE DRIVERS FLOOR AND RIGHT REAR QUARTER PANEL, ALSO REAR WHEEL EDGES. INTERIOR IS COMPLETE. MOTOR IS APART. TIMING COVER IS OFF WHICH I HAVE. AGAIN, THIS MAYBE THE ONLY 12M FASTBACK IN AMERICA. CARS LIKE THIS NEED TO BE SAVED PLEASE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON HOW RUSTY OR HARD IT WILL BE.

MIKE 1-520-896-2957

Bob_S

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Is this a 1200 or 1500 cc engine, both were available in the Taunus 12M coupe. If you don't know, I could decode the data plate for you. Most likely the reason the timing cover is off the engine is because the balance shaft gear broke. The balance shaft bearings wear out and the plastic teeth on the gear shears off.

Could you post close up pictures of the rust? Rear quarter panel, inner and outer wheel well, front floor, inner sill and underside of the Rh & LH sill. Also pictures any bubbles in the paint/metal and engine compartment.
Thank you
DE-STROKE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: TAUNAS P4TS Reply with quote

AS FAR AS I KNOW IT IS A 1500 BEING A TS MODEL PLEASE SEND ME YOUR EMAIL AND I WILL TAKE PICTURES OF THE RUST THANKS MIKE
Bob_S

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
I sent you a PM yesterday with my email address.
IFHP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Thanks for posting the photos, it really helps. This is the only P4 of any bodystyle that I am aware of in NA.

It looks like you have some other interesting cars in the background. Hard to say exactly what... Toyopet Crown? Simca? Isuzu?

Hoping for a good outcome.

Michael
DE-STROKE

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: TAUNUS 12M P4TS COUPE Reply with quote

I WILL POST CLOSER PICTURES OF THE RUST .THE ROCKER ARE ALL RUST FREE THE TRUNK AND ALL THE FLOORS EXCEPT DRIVERS SIDE IS RUST FREE THE DRIVERS SIDE WHEEL ARCH LIGHT RUST ,PASSENGER SIDE WHEEL ARCH HEAVY RUST .ALL RUST IS REPAIRABLE . MIKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: