www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1960 Ford Anglia 105E Deluxe - $4995 (Vista)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: 1960 Ford Anglia 105E Deluxe - $4995 (Vista) Reply with quote

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/1960-ford-anglia-105e-deluxe/6327582461.html

This neat little car attracts a crowd wherever it goes. I enjoy driving it every chance I get. Unfortunately I have way too many cars and not enough room.

My Dad drove an Anglia when I was a kid, so when I saw this car in the Summer of '16 I had to have it. My original plan was to swap in Cortina running gear, disc front brakes and GT steel rims, using a few Pinto and Capri parts on the way. These cars were sold at Ford Dealers when new.

It was built in early 1960, the first full year for the 'new' body style which makes it very collectible. The car has only 17,000 miles on the odometer and all its original components. The color is Glacier, or Harry Potter Blue.

It starts well, runs and sounds strong. The 997 cc Kent engine was used in Formula Junior racing and is quite powerful for its size.
Stock it has 39 HP and is the first year for the Overhead Valve Engine. The trans shifts smoothly and is quiet.

I specifically wanted a car like this kept in the American Southwest its whole life so it would never see a rock of road salt. I can find no rust and see no bubbles in the chassis or floor at all, with minor rust in the front fenders and back corners of the doors.

When I found it, it had last been registered in Texas in 1976 so I believe the miles to be very low. You gotta love patina to love this car. This Anglia is a must have for any Harry Potter fan, all you need is an "Invisibility Booster".

I kept it completely stock, and these are the things I did to get it going: New clutch, resealed the trans (it looked like new inside), resealed the 4:125 rear axle, set the valves, full tune-up, replaced all the fluids, cleaned the fuel system and greased the chassis. Replaced the engine mounts, resealed the brake and clutch hydraulics, cleaned and lubed the generator and replaced the brushes. Cleaned all the electrical switches and connections so everything works.

All the rubber around the windows and doors is cracked. The original paint has the dings and scratches you would expect in a 57 year old car.

These cars are well supported for almost everything by Small Ford Spares in England and we luckily have suppliers here on the West Coast.

Clear title in my name and is currently registered in CA. Comes with the Owner's Manual and a Shop Manual. $4995 as is. Local delivery available for minor fee
Generic Disclaimer:

No warrantee, including fitness for a particular purpose or usefulness of information, express or implied. This product not tested on animals, as college students are cheaper and nobody cares what you do to them, Professional driver, closed course. Clean your room. Serving suggestion. Stay in skool. Be secure in the knowledge that we're all part of a plan, but be thankful that you're ignorant of its cruel, bloody particulars. Do not apply to broken skin; if condition persists consult a physician. Refrigerate after opening. Not for internal use. Void where prohibited. Don't mess around with Jim. Power doesn't really corrupt, it is magnetic to the corruptable. Objects in mirror may be 2 dimensional. Must be 18 to play. Credo Quia Absurdum. Trespassers will be violated. Albatross! Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been. Call your mother, she worries. Do not taunt happy fun ball. Do not look into laser beam with remaining eye. Beer, of course, is actually a depressant, but people will never stop hoping otherwise. Don't thank me, I'm doing this for your own good.
fomoco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought these were only sold with the 1200 stateside ?
peteleo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's Phil Bass' very early 106E.

106E 997cc and 124E 1198cc both models imported to N.America between
'60 to '68. My brother has a '68 124E ( built in Sept '67 ) and came with negative ground sold by S&C Ford in San Francisco.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fomoco wrote:
I thought these were only sold with the 1200 stateside ?

I can't say for sure about U.S. vehicles but in Canada we definitely had the smaller engine cars initially, it was a bonus in the used market to find a 1200 with it's bigger brakes and all syncro box. I am not sure but I think a lot of the later mid 60s cars were 1200s though?
kmalling

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Ford Anglia Reply with quote

Is this car in San Diego or Vancouver?
peteleo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vista, Ca., near San Diego. I believe it's sold.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: