www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good crossflow parts supplier in Canada.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Good crossflow parts supplier in Canada. Reply with quote

I'm in need of a few things for my Lotus twin cam. Pilot bearing, sump gasket, AC Delco fuel pump kit and probably other bits, does anyone know of a decent place in Canada that I can get all these and more parts please, thanks.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t really know of any great places in Canada for Lotus bits but shopping at Dave Bean in California is real easy as they are happy to ship to us. As far as the pilot bearing goes you might want to consider using a bushing instead of that needle bearing, I know that sounds backwards but it may save you a lot of grief later. The bushing might develope a bit of wear after 50000 miles but it will never weld itself to your transmission input shaft. I am recommending this from my own experience, here is a picture of me back in 1975, I am sweating as I try to separate my engine from the transmission. The pilot bearing had welded itself to the input shaft so badly that I could spin my wheels even with the clutch disengaged.
You have the 15MM needle bearing so you could get this sintered bronze bushing from Dave Bean and they are inexpressive too, I now do this to any crossflow I build.
I wonder if your local parts stores might still be able to get a sump/bottom end gasket set?? I bet it is the same one as a Pinto or Capri 1600 but you will have to check.

1970 cortina GT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brett, I'll take your advice on the bearing, I have Dave Beans catalogue and I could spend a small fortune if I'm not careful. Probably one of the best places I guess.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you get from D.B. try to avoid using UPS as they charge any and all brokerage that they can. I found that using U.S. Postal Service is the best bet, often with zero tax or duties depending?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: