www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short Ram Pipes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Langlia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Short Ram Pipes Reply with quote

Looking for some really short Ram pipes for 40 DCOE Weber's, not much clearance between the carbs and inner fender of my Anglia.

Need shipped to Canada, V3A8M8.

Ty
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Jim at Overseas Auto or maybe check out Ebay.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Weber-40-DCOE-slide-in-Velocity-Stacks-2PCS-ALLOY-air-horns-trumpets-26mm-1/292095708908?hash=item440242ceec:g:TQ4AAOSwWWxY~ii7&vxp=mtr
Langlia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't shopped around too much, just seeing if I can get a decent price on a second hand pair. Saw some nice anodized ones blue and red.
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is interesting to look at your engine bay, it looks like you have the same manifold as on my 100e? I can't remember how long my stacks are but they are not short, I guess that the 105e engine bay must be a bit narrower than the 100e? I would go out and measure it but I am currently in Palm Springs.
Is your manifold a Warneford and did you have to make a small relief in it for the carb linkage?

I remember when I was looking for a manifold I found some shorter ones but I just stayed with this one, how much space do you have?
Langlia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look quite similar, unsure of their origins got them from a local racer. I had to chop out the bit between 2-3 intake runners to make room for my linkage, what fun that was.

Palm Springs must be nice
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder you can't see the manifold brand, it is on the part you cut out. I got away with just grinding out a small relief.

Palm Springs is great at this time of year, it's like our best British Columbia Summer weather here right now, it is 6:30 at night and it is still 21 degrees and tomorrow it will be 31.

Langlia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed a Warneford, found an old picture of it and the previous owner notched it out just as you did.

Good temps for sure, not too hot not too cold. Juuust right. Down there for long?
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We spent the last week of October in San Francisco and will spend the rest of the time here in the Palm Desert until the second week of December. I was hoping to miss the potentially crappy Vancouver Winter weather but I fear that we will be stepping right into it when we come home?
How long are the stacks that you currently have and what sort of air cleaner are you going to use? I remember in the past someone using no stack at all but there was an insert that slid into the Weber to stabilize the choke tube. It would be a shame to cut a set of stacks but it could be done, you could cut them down to the carb base giving you a fair bit of room. Personally I would go for the short stacks for ease and appearance but that's me.
Langlia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're living it up down there. Probably won't get any snow until you step off the plane Laughing

The stacks I have right now are about two inches long, would rather just get a short set instead of cutting them, I'm sure I could find a buyer for these things.

As far as air cleaner I'm not too sure. Space is limited. I see piper cross makes some small air socks to slip over, could be a solution. Don't most guys just run with no air cleaner?
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that it is tempting to run them naked because they look and sound so good but I wonder what the cost is in engine life?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: