www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1957 Ford Prefect 100E for Parts or Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob_S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject: 1957 Ford Prefect 100E for Parts or Project Reply with quote

Not Mine.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/d/1957-ford-prefect-100e-for/6450197189.html

$1000 OBO

Relisting. Went out of town last time I had it up and have no idea if anyone tried to contact me about it.

Putting my recently purchased 1957 Ford Prefect 100E 4 door sedan up for sale. It is a British Ford product, and probably one of very few in Arizona. It is left hand drive for the US market, and according to the documents I found in the glove box, hasn't been registered since around 1987, and in Vermont.

It is VERY mechanically complete. It has the factory 1172cc (1.2 L) sidevalve flathead 4 cyilinder and the 3 speed, top loading, floor shifted manual transmission. 4 factory 13 inch, 4 on 5.5" (like older Subaru) wheels still sporting some very old, rotten BF Goodrich Silvertowns.

The good:
-Engine turns over by hand, and everything is there (carb, starter, generator, etc.).
-The body is pretty straight, with only relatively minor dings and dents in a few panels.
-The glass is all intact, windows roll up and down, and the doors all shut, lock, and unlock.
-With aired up tires, it rolls and steers (they don't hold air long).
-Has the factory Smiths gauges and factory steering wheel.

The bad:
-Rust. It was formerly a Vermont car. While there isn't anything that COULDN'T be repaired, it will need a new full floor (minus the trans tunnel), trunk floor, rear quarter, and under the door sills repaired, as well as spots on inner fenders, etc. The only way to fully show it is to see the car in person, so I won't take more pictures.
-Has no interior beyond just door panels. Seats in picture weren't original and were removed.
-Have grill and both bumpers. Grill is ok, but bumpers are pretty rough.
-Trunk lid is locked, and I don't have a key for it.
-Has no title, but I can get a bill of sale from previous owner or you can get a bonded/abandoned title. I purchased it from a reputable collector here in town, so it shouldn't pose a problem.

Could be made into a very light drag car, used for parts for another Prefect, Popular, Anglia or Thames, restored by someone more ambitious than myself, or even a cool piece of yard art. Or use it as an eye catching advertising piece for your business. Parts are readily available from Great Britain, including replacement sheetmetal. I've just decided my welding skills aren't up to the task, and would rather find a different project.

So it is understood- The car doesn't run or drive, and will require a trailer, preferably with a winch. It only weighs about 1650 lbs, so even with bad tires, it isn't too hard to load.

No Trades Please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: