www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

711 Block - Vancouver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Langlia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: 711 Block - Vancouver Reply with quote

Looking for a friend.

Need a 711 block in and around Vancouver BC.

Thanks!
Canucktina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: 711 block Reply with quote

I have encountered 2 of them locally within the last 6 months. They were both good deals compared to the prices I see Stateside. I managed to snag the better of the two , but I sat on the fence a bit too long on the second . By the time I made up my mind to buy it someone had beat me to it. So they are out there , however they don't seem to pop up all that often.
Is your heart set on a 711 M ? I probably have a older 1600 cross flow available, the 711 M is the block of choice for racing however for a street oriented build the older block is generally adequate.
Greg
Langlia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea he's pretty set on the 711. I still have a spare 681F if he wants it.

I saw two ads for sale recently for 711's as well.. One was complete motor in pieces from Van for $1000 and the other was a complete X-Flow 711 in tact.. Probably the same two your had seen.
Canucktina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The $1000.00 one is the one I bought. It was just what I needed for my Formula Ford project. OK, B***y disaster. It came with several Formula Ford specific parts and I couldn't be happier about lucking in to it.
The other one was a more or less stock 711 engine , and was probably a decent rebuild 20 years ago. But then stored in a little less than ideal conditions. Still a good buy at $500.00. Is your friend going racing ?

Greg
Brett Wilkie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised at the price of these blocks are fetching these days, I paid $75.00 for one and $250.00 for another but it was a few years ago. If one was to be in desperate need though you can now buy more highly reinforced blocks from Burtons in the U.K. but at a hefty price.
http://www.burtonpower.com/genuine-ford-kent-1600-x-flow-ohv-iron-block-new-fp105.html
Langlia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah decent buy for a grand.

Well it's going into an Anglia race car, not sure on his intentions on racing it at the moment. Something has gone awry with his other block.. (711) that came out of the Anglia and now needs a replacement.
Langlia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the 711 is bored too big to use with the pistons he already has. Just need to find pistons at 83.5 mm or a block.. whatever is cheaper
s2europa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy brand new Ford 711M and Lotus blocks state-side (USA) from many vendors. They are roughly US$1500 with free US shipping. Summit, Jegs, even ebay has them listed. They are manufactured by Ford and are much stronger than the previously cast blocks.

Ford consulted Jay Ivey in Portland, OR for how to improve the blocks. The new blocks use better material, are stronger in many places, and now utilize two thrust washers instead of one.
Sideways

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 711 Block - Vancouver Reply with quote

Langlia wrote:
Looking for a friend.

Need a 711 block in and around Vancouver BC.

Thanks!

Give John and the lads at https://omnitech-engineering.com/ a call, they are always noodling around with Ford blocks.

Warning do NOT look at the Twin Cams they have, you may go blind!!!!
Canucktina

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2europa wrote:
You can buy brand new Ford 711M and Lotus blocks state-side (USA) from many vendors. They are roughly US$1500 with free US shipping. Summit, Jegs, even ebay has them listed. They are manufactured by Ford and are much stronger than the previously cast blocks.

Ford consulted Jay Ivey in Portland, OR for how to improve the blocks. The new blocks use better material, are stronger in many places, and now utilize two thrust washers instead of one.

The good news is that it's great that new blocks are available.
The bad news is that they are the start to a $7000.00-$8000.00 simple little X-flow that all the fast guys in Formula Ford are using. They probably make sense if a person is competitve at the National level. For most of us however plain economics are going to force a compromise. A low cost outlay has always been the attraction of things like Cortina's and for that matter Club Fords as opposed to say Ferraris and nationally competitive race cars . You can have a bit of fun before the lottery win.
Dave C

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Langlia wrote:
So the 711 is bored too big to use with the pistons he already has. Just need to find pistons at 83.5 mm or a block.. whatever is cheaper

He could have the block sleeved and re-bored to suit his pistons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Wanted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: