www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E83W 16" wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les Foster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: E83W 16" wheels Reply with quote

All NASS export Thames in the 1948-53 era had 16' rims (6:00-16)whereas English home models (except pickups or special orders) used the 18" rims (5:00-18). Recently, I discovered that I had two different types of 16" rims in my inventory of E83W wheels. This puzzled me but I think that I have now found the answer. The Parts List shows two different part numbers for the 16" E83W rims:
E83W-1015B ran from 1938-1951.
E83W-1015D ran from 1951 to the end of production in 1957.
Obviously production was changed sometime in '51. These later wheels have a noticeable 'offset' at the point where the centre, slotted disc meets the rim when looking at the outer face of the wheel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> Technical Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: