www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anglia Transformation (Part 2) Rust and Dust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanchfi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Anglia Transformation (Part 2) Rust and Dust Reply with quote

Well, back out to the garage after work tonight (I work 3 till midnight, so when I get home the wife and 2 month old baby are asleep, so I take the baby monitor, and head to the garage)

Firstly I tried the screws that hold on the chrome surround around the turn
signals in front. I had sprayed them down pretty good with penetrating oil, but no luck. I think part of the problem is the undercoating is stuck in the
Phillips head screws. I think with the heat gun I can "burn" it out of the screw heads, but one of them is really close to the headlamp wiring so I would have to be extra careful, or set up a heat shield over the wires.

I cleared off the undercoating off the same area on the other side, and no luck with those screws either. I then moved to the headlights and headlight surrounds and buckets. They came out no problem, but like the turn signals, I couldn't see how to disconnect the wires to pull them out completely.

I took another look at the grill, and I'm pretty sure I have to pull the
turn signal surrounds to get it out.

Right now I can't tell how to remove the center Anglia emblem either. Maybe it will become more apparent after the grill is removed.

Frustrated, I decided to try my hand at a little bodywork with the hammer and dolly. I think I am going to have to remove the undercoating before I can get it to work well. I hard a hard time feeling where the hammer was hitting

Then good news, I tried loosening all the lug nuts and none of them were frozen, I had drenched them in penetrating oil the last 2 nights

Finally I wanted to see if I could get the taillights removed. Luckily there was no undercoating in the trunk area and everything was clean. I immediately saw that there were connections that I could undo to remove the tail lights completely, so that give me hope for the front lights, I bet the connections are just covered with undercoating and dirt.

I started on the driversí side light and was a little confused to see that there were 2 sets of both green and black wires, and only one of each was connected to the tail light. The reason for this became apparent when I moved to the passenger side and saw the license plate light hooked up to this "extra" wire. I assume the one on the other site may be there for a trunk light or other accessory.

The bolts for the taillights came out easy, but the gasket was holding the in
place. I used a plastic, maybe Teflon, putty knife to pry it out without
chipping the paint, since this area I plan on leaving white for the "stripe"

I also tried this tool to pry off the side chrome strip, which I was told would
just pry off from the bottom, but once again no luck. I really donít want to
force it since I bet it would bend or break very easily. I might just mask it off when painting. I would rather have a little overspray, than a broken
irreplaceable trim piece.

Starting to accumulate quite a pile of parts on my other neglected cars

-James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: