www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index
Google
www.EnfoStuff.com
Forum for all North American English and European Ford Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anglia Transformation (Part 3.5)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanchfi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Anglia Transformation (Part 3.5) Reply with quote

I stopped by an automotive paint supply shop today. Unfortunately they do not rent equipment. The owner was nice, but confirmed by fears that I would need to buy at least a $600 compressor to do a good job. He did mention that there was a guy in town who owned a building in town with a compressor and a paint booth, that he may rent out. He didn’t have his number but gave me general directions and told me to look for a sign for “Don’s Drywall” I hope to hunt down this lead later in the week.

While working on the door I found an old oil change reminder sticker with the dealers name and address on it. I knew the original dealers name, from the sticker on the trunk. I had previously googled the dealer name and city, but had not come up with anything. Armed with the address I checked google maps, and looked at the satellite view. It sure looks like there is currently a car dealer at the same location. After some more googling, I found that it is currently a Lincoln Mercury dealer with a different name. I gave them a call to see if they had any sales records from the 60’s. The phone operator did not even think the dealer had been around that long. I think next time I am in Chicago I may drop by the dealership and see if I can find anything else out. Interestingly enough the dealership is only about 20 miles away from where I bought the car from. That confirms my suspicions that the 24,000 miles on the odometer is actual miles.

-James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.EnfoStuff.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: