CL-1968 Ford Cortina GT, Very Good Shape, Good Driver - $14,000 (Kansas)

stanchfi
Site Admin

CL-1968 Ford Cortina GT, Very Good Shape, Good Driver - $14,000 (Kansas)

Post by stanchfi »

1968 Ford Cortina GT, Very Good Shape, Good Driver - $14,000 (Arkansas City Kansas)

This car has been taken care of over the years. It has an older repaint of the factory Alpine Green, real factory GT with the 1600 Crossflow engine. It has new exhaust, all new hydraulics including brakes and clutch slave and master. Carb is rebuilt, new battery, fuel tank was professionally cleaned and reinstalled, radiator was done.

The car drives good, runs good, and has no rust. It has spent most of the last 30 years indoors, was on display at one point in a showroom. Last two owners before me each owned the car for 10 years and kept the car inside and drove it very little. I have owned the car for about four years. I have too many cars and need to pare down my collection. The car needs taller tires to be a road car, it has nice 60 series tires on it, but they are for Autocross or similar as it is at about 4500 rpm at 55.

Inside has a crack in dash and front seats have cracks in the upholstery on the outside top corners, headliner isn't perfect. Carpet is in good shape, rear seat is nice. All the gauges work and it has a working FM/Cassette player under the dash. This is the model with the raised binnacle for the triple gauges. Factory four speed gearbox, stock rear axle. If you are looking for a clean British car that could be a daily and you could Autocross and mix it up with the Datsuns and such, this is a great car for it.

I would possibly consider some trades, but again, I am trying to pare down my collection and concentrate on other projects. I had pondered making this a Lotus Cortina clone, but I have one I am going to build out that way, so here is your chance...I may even part with a Lotus Twin Cam engine for you to build for an added fee.

https://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/d/ar ... 80945.html

-James
zephyrgary

Re: CL-1968 Ford Cortina GT, Very Good Shape, Good Driver - $14,000 (Kansas)

Post by zephyrgary »

We featured this one back in June. Pretty good deal, don't know why it didn't sell.
Gary in AZ
the older i get,the faster i went...
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

zephyrgary wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:04 pm We featured this one back in June. Pretty good deal, don't know why it didn't sell.
Gary in AZ
If (and I say IF) this is the same one, I have been seeing it for a number of years, popping up all over.

(I did say IF :D )
cyirush

Post by cyirush »

Is $14k a good deal. 4 door 1500in better shape went for close to $8k on BAT a year and a half ago. This is a 2 door 1600 so it’s worth, buy $6k more?
cyirush

Post by cyirush »

PS this is not the same car as the one for sale in June on CL in Chico, CA, for $13,500. They are identical though!