Where would I find a throttle cable for a LHD MK3 cortina

Post questions, thoughts or comments on anything English & European Ford related here.
fomoco

Where would I find a throttle cable for a LHD MK3 cortina

Post by fomoco »

The throttle cable on my MK3 cortina broke. Its a 1972 2000 GT. I found one in my dads spare parts but its too short, maybe its for a RHD car.
Any help would be appreciated.....Phill
Dave A

Post by Dave A »

Might be hard to find knowing how rare mk 3's are in the U.S. and Canada nowadays. The car was sold in LHD form in other European countries. I think the german Taunus would be the same or very similar. Maybe the one your Dad had is for a 1600cc engine or a Capri? I'm wondering if a 4 cyl Capri one can be adapted to fit. You might be able to fix the old one by putting another core in it and crimping and end on it or something of the like. If you remove it and post a pic up on here we may have some ideas...
fomoco

Post by fomoco »

thanks Dave,
I actually used a little crimp on the end of the cable as a temporary fix. The little ball that was on the end had come off. The weird thing is that the cable on the car seems too long and the one my dad had in with his parts may be the correct one.
I wonder if when he had the car in England it broke and they used a cable from a RHD car and that is why its so long. I wish he were still here to ask.
Anyway I hope the crimp holds. This time it broke in the driveway, the next time I may not be so lucky!! Thanks again for responding....Phill
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Phil,

Would that be the same as a Capri 2000?
Norm at Team Blitz should have them.

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
fomoco

Post by fomoco »

Doug,
I will look into the capri option. Thanks...Phill