Reacquainted member

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
turbellion

Reacquainted member

Post by turbellion »

Hey guys I haven't been around for a while but I am back and am daily driving a mk1 again!
I'm in Raleigh nc now and have been working on a 65 deluxe 2 door that came out of a junkyard in Columbia sc. I picked it up on eBay about 2 years ago. I just finished it up and have been daily driving it for about a month.
I'll upload some pics of it. Image

Here's what it looked like the day I got it
turbellion

Post by turbellion »

Here's my 2 previous english ford's. My first one was my 64 gt that my dad and I restored together regretfully a 22 year old me needed a bit of cash so I sold it. Fortunately one of my idles, a respected Japanese motorcycle builder ended up with it and currently daily drives it. I should add I drove this car across the country and had ablast doing so!

My second car that I also got rid of for no good reason is a amazing all original 67 deluxe estate. I stumbled across it while aimlessly driving around Charlotte nc. I took it up to petoskey Michigan where I nursed back to life and daily drove it until a very nice English guy offered me some cash for it. This was in 2011. I let both of these cars go for WAY too little. I am never selling my current car.Image

Alright I hope that was a proper introduction and I look forward to helping out in this very small community of car owners any way I can.
Cheers
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Welcome back.I might want to talk to you sometime,
as the Wife is talking about moving to either NC,or Tennessee.

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

You've done a lot of work on it including lowering a bit. Nice.
BTW. I sent you the Tach. Hopefully you got it by now.

Pete
turbellion

Post by turbellion »

It was in pretty bad shape when I got it. Luckily the rust was pretty minimal. Most of the panels hammered back pretty nicely. The boot lid was pretty bad but I found a mint one for 150 bucks at Carlisle last year! The original 1500 is in excellent health but I'm building a strong early crossflow for it. I also picked up a 4:10 lotus diff with a Detroit locker. It was built by IWE rear ends out of BC. I might put a t9 5 speed in it if I can find one. I plan on using it as my daily driver with occasional VIR trips!
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Nice job. I like the stance. Welcome back.
Gary
the older i get,the faster i went...
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

Good looking Cortina. Welcome back.

Brent
turbellion

Post by turbellion »

I should add that I also had a few xr4ti's, one that dynod 305 hp! I also had a 57 100e anglia that sadly I never got to drive. I also grew up out in Arizona and my dad was an instructor and formula ford engine builder at bondurant.
turbellion

Post by turbellion »

Gratuitous pics of my work. That s a 1949 beetle. Yes it is both horrible in every way and oh so expensive.

turbellion

Post by turbellion »

I wish these were all English fords!Image
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Cool stuff. I especially like the Mk I Cortina wagon.
European Ford Collector
GoofyRegular

Post by GoofyRegular »

That's a beauty - currently looking for a mk1 2 door cortina but finding them (even here in UK) is hard and seem to be increasing in price every day!

Despite this being a Ford forum I can't help but express my love for your Porsche 356! Nice garage you got there...
Even though I have to Fix Or Repair Daily I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Vauxhall!
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Wow! Very nice.
European Ford Collector