Cortina Mark 1 Seat Belt 3 Point

Post technical questions here.
Lance54

Cortina Mark 1 Seat Belt 3 Point

Post by Lance54 »

Does anyone have experience with adding 3 Point Belts in a Cortina Mark 1.

Is there an anchor in the B-Pillar?
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

I did some in my Anglia.

Nothing to mount to on my B pillar, not sure how you would do it anyways without cutting and welding.

I had a reinforced bolt hole to the rear of my B pillar below the side windows that I used. Got securon 3 points from the UK and they threaded right in. I drilled a new hole through the chassis rail for the roll up mechanism to sit as upright as possible so it retracts. My rear seats sit over top to cover it.

Used the original lap belt holes near the door for the other anchor point and drilled two new ones through the trans tunnel for my seatbelt releases. Reinforced with plates on the other side.

Sitting In the car the belt coming over the shoulder comfortably at no extreme angles. 0-10° max.

Just need to get creative.

Sorry have no pictures of them right now.
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Clark,

MK1 airflow should have the 3 point anchors. One on the top pillar and on the bottom pillar. One on each side of the tunnel behind the front seats.

MK1 pre-airflow had optional lap belts. Mount anchors on the floor.

Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

My Pre Airflow has lap but if look at the B pillar there is a point to mount a shoulder strap.
Lance54

Post by Lance54 »

Thanks for the great advice. I should have looked for the B-Pillar anchor but I was away form home when I posted the question.

Thanks again.