Hi to all from Sunny Saskatchewan

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
1970 cortina GT

Hi to all from Sunny Saskatchewan

Post by 1970 cortina GT »

Just joined here, pretty dumb with modern technology so not sure how to post pictures. I have 3 MK2 Cortinas, one everyday ( well aside from winter!) use 1970 Gt, a 1968 4 door GT and a 1969 2 door GT. Both latter cars are pretty rough. Would love to know if there were any others in the area and would love to post some pictures,Lee. :?
Life isn't complete until you have a pair of twin cams in the garage...
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Welcome to the forum Lee. Great to hear that more English Fords are showing up.

Pete
Brett Wilkie

Post by Brett Wilkie »

Good to see more Canadian Cortinas, they are starting to get thin on the ground these days.
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
66gt

Post by 66gt »

Welcome to the forum! Nice to have more posters here and hope to hear more about your cars.
1970 cortina GT

Thanks for the welcome messages, as an ex-pat from the old country I hope I can supply as well as gain useful information from like minded souls. I picked up my 1970 GT a couple of years ago,67,000 miles old and well looked after. I've really only had to do the basics, brakes all round, servo, fuel pump, gas tank etc and during the summer use for everyday transportation. I picked up a set of comp-motive 3 piece wheels to smarten it up and got a new fitted carpet from England. Can anyone explain, in simpleton terms, step by step on how to include some pictures ? I would be very grateful, thanks.
70CortinaGT

Post by 70CortinaGT »

Hey , how's it going .
I have about 8 MK 2's , I am in Medicine Hat .
Are any of your cars for sale ?
Cortinas RULE !!!
1970 cortina GT

Hi, thanks for the reply. I guess Medicine Hat is close, on a Canadian scale!, did you have a dark green Lotus and a white MK2 with a V8 in it? Seen some pictures around, guessing its the same person. I am keeping, probably forever, the 1970 2 door GT. The 2 door 1969 GT is the one that I will be fixing up when I win the lottery! The 4 door 1968 GT is free to any takers. If you let me know your email I can send you some pictures. What do you have for spare parts? I don't believe I need anything just yet but it would be handy to know if there are parts fairly near. I used to get the mother in law to bring parts over every year when she visited. Unfortunately, in more ways than one, she has decided to move over here as well. I'd like to see your collection, send me some photos if you get a moment, thanks, Lee.
66gt

Post by 66gt »

Mk2 hoarders deep in the prairies.... I like it! Wish there were more down here especially Mk1's! :D