Another New Guy From California

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Welcome Rod. If I saw your Capri or Cortina coming down the highway, I would rubber next so hard that I would probably run off the road!

Glad that you found your way to EnFoStuff.

Michael
European Ford Collector
ELFLACO65

Post by ELFLACO65 »

Hi rod and welcome. I like the way your cortina sits on those rims and tires. Can you tell me what that combination is. Brand of rims and size and tire size as well. Thanks. Greg
MR. EXPORT MAN
rodsgarage

Post by rodsgarage »

Thanks Steve and Michael.

Greg,

The wheels are American Racing 200S models commonly known as daisy wheels. They are 13 x 7’s. They are pretty scarce now but you see them once in a while on craigslist and ebay. The company still makes them but not in 13 or 14 inch. If you want to know what the backspacing is let me know. I have one loose wheel at another location and I am going there this week and will measure it if you like. I was fortunate and ended up with three sets of them. The tires are Sumitomo HTR 200 215/50 x 13’s. They too are getting very difficult to find. I live in the Sierras where we have a lot challenging roads and with this combination the Cortina feels like a slot car.

Rod
ELFLACO65

Post by ELFLACO65 »

Hi rod. im assuming that your wheels are 4x108mm . is that right? and yes it would be great if you could get me the offset. also is there a tread size # for those wheels as well.. Is there a stamp on the wheels with all these # you could look for? just in case i run into a set i would know what to look for.. Thanks Gregory
MR. EXPORT MAN
rodsgarage

Post by rodsgarage »

Greg,

The wheels on the Cortina are the original ones I got in the early ’70’s for a Pinto so they are probably 4.25 inch spacing or 107.95mm. The other two sets I have came on Capri’s I bought and I imagine they are 4.25 inch also. I can’t imagine American Racing Wheels making the same wheel in 108mm and 4.25 inch spacing since the .05mm difference is less than .002 inches or about half of the thickness of a sheet of paper in your printer. They fit perfectly on the Capri’s and Cortina. The lug nuts were purchased at Kragen’s in their section for custom wheel lugs. They are easy to find.
I will check the loose wheel for markings and the backspacing measurement when I go over to where it is stored this week.

Rod
ELFLACO65

Post by ELFLACO65 »

Thanks Rod
MR. EXPORT MAN
rodsgarage

Post by rodsgarage »

Hi Greg,

I looked at my spare wheel today and the only casting marks are American Racing Equipment and 13 x 7 inside the rear of the wheel on the outer edge in the center.

They measure 13 7/8 inches lip to lip and the back spacing and front spacing from the rear face of the mounting flange is 3 15/16 inches to each lip.

I have a loose set of Hayashi Racing Steet II's that were run on a Capri. They are 6 1/2 x 13 and have a 4 inch back spacing and 3 1/2 front spacing measured the same way. They didn't have any clearance problems either. They are a 4 spoke design also and might be easier to find.

Hope this helps.

Rod
ELFLACO65

Post by ELFLACO65 »

Thanks rod. I was taking to a friend and he has a set of these wheels. He claims that they came of a Capri and that they are 13 x 7. I'm going to check them out this weekend and ill do the measurements. If these # match I'm set. I'll let you know. Thanks for all your help. Gregory
MR. EXPORT MAN
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Rod,

You have a PM.

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"