Ford SideValve Owners Club Information Correction

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
MrE83W!

Ford SideValve Owners Club Information Correction

Post by MrE83W! »

Greetings! I am the author of the articles "The Ford Prefix" (about US/British parts interchange on upright English Fords, particularly the E83W and "Fordson's Finest Hour"Image- both published quite a few years ago. I am also the Ford Sidevalve Owners Club "Canada Contact" and often field inquiries from the USA and other countries as well. I finished the restoration of my 1951 Thames E83W Steel Box Pickup in 2017 and have been enjoying driving it since then.
The FSOC noted that my articles indicate that the Club will not sell parts to members in North America for insurance reasons. I was just asked to correct this information by the Club: THIS IS NO LONGER TRUE! For a number of years, now, FSOC has changed their policy and definitely WILL sell their extensive listing of high quality new and used parts for Upright Enfo's and the 100E and 107E lines to both the USA and Canada! I can't recommend membership in the FSOC highly enough! It is well worth the cost. Check it out at fsoc.co.uk Thank you and I look forward to rejoining enfostuff.com discussion in the future. Thank you!

Note: If there is a way to post a more prominent correction notice by the website, it would be appeciated!
Brett Wilkie

Re: Ford SideValve Owners Club Information Correction

Post by Brett Wilkie »

I think I might know who you are but a real name would go a long way for the benefit of all the members here. I am glad to hear that the club will now export, I used to get quite upset years ago when they advertised that they export and then flatly refused to send it to me in Canada. 
Anglia 100e modified
Prefect 100e stock
BigFred

Post by BigFred »

Les Foster?
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

I can tell the message was from Les. Good news indeed.
European Ford Collector