Announcing the EFONA logo

EFONA Club Business and Thrift Shop

IFHP
Site Admin

Announcing the EFONA logo

Post by IFHP »

Announcing the EFONA logo! I am hoping to have these worked up into a static cling decal and who knows what else.

My gratitude goes out to creator John Beresford for producing this logo for us. John is a dedicated British car enthusiast and is the editor of The Dynamo, the newsletter of the South Island Branch of the Old English Car Club of British Columbia (and obviously a graphic artist of some talent).

copyright EFONA 2008
Last edited by IFHP on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Micheal,

NO disrespect - but shouldn't there have been
some input from the members on a new logo? -
- maybe come up with a few ideas,& vote on them?

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Doug,

It never occurred to me that the first public comment on this would be a complaint. It had also not occurred to me to hold a referendum on the idea or the design. EFONA has never pretended to be organized on democratic principles. Almost everything about the club has come about through individual intuitive (often in the face of apparent indifference). In the case of the logo, I’ve been talking about it in the newsletter for two years, but it wasn’t until John offered to help that it became a reality. Basically this logo is a gift from John and I to the club. No club money was used in its development and its conversion into decals (or whatever) will (by necessity) be privately financed. However 100% of any eventual proceeds will go to the club.

That said, your idea of creating several designs that are then placed before the membership for a popular vote is good in principle, though in this case there were no competing designs to compare it with. The economics of this is that professional graphic artists charge a good deal for their time. We were extremely fortunate to find someone of John’s talent to do this for us basically pro-bono.

I’m not opposed to constructive criticism; I just wasn’t expecting it in this instance.

Michael
BitchinMachine

Post by BitchinMachine »

:lol:....(new guy snicker)... :wink:
bevb

logo

Post by bevb »

I like it. Are they available to purchase??? Beverly
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Bev,

They will be, but not yet. I will announce it here when they are.

Thanks for asking.

Michael
Sky

Post by Sky »

Logo looks very cool !!! is efona something I should join ????
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Sky,

For a guy with as many EnFos as you? I'm thinking yes. There is a membership app elsewhere in this section and some PDF back issues of our newsletter in the main part part of the website.

Michael
Sky

Post by Sky »

OK ,I'll do it after Christmas :D