Bob Pare 1933-2020

EFONA Club Business and Thrift Shop

IFHP
Site Admin

Bob Pare 1933-2020

Post by IFHP »

I just discovered that NAEFR founder Bob Pare passed away in 2020.

Obituary
Major Robert William Par USAF (Ret.), age 87 of Mechanicsburg, passed away peacefully on Saturday, September 12, 2020 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Camp Hill. Bob was born in Holyoke, MA to the late Alfred and Amanda Par. He attended Holyoke schools, then enlisted in the US Air Force, after which his family relocated to Bermuda where his father was a US civil servant.
Bob was an NCO during the Korean War, and an officer during Vietnam. He retired in the grade of Major. His final assignment was as Commander of USAF Recruiting activities in Eastern Pennsylvania. His unit finished in first place in the Mid-Atlantic States the year he retired, their first time ever in that position.
Bob graduated Summa Cum Laude from Penn State University, under the GI Bill. He later worked for his alma mater as an Admissions Counselor. Bob did a lot of volunteer work during his retirement years. He was a 20-year patient care volunteer for Pinnacle Health Hospice, bringing hope and comfort to many men who were in their final phase of the journey. Bob was a life member of The Military Officers Association of America, and several retired Air Force organizations pertaining to his career in USAF Radar Operations.
Bobs hobbies were photography, antique automobiles, and travel. He founded a club for English Ford owners in the U.S., building it up to over 300 members. The Fall Hershey Auto Show, where he was a vendor, was one of his biggest pleasurers.
Bob and his wife JoAnn had a blended family of 9 children, 19 grandchildren, and 16 great grandchildren. He used to kid about having family reunions in Yankee Stadium, which was heresy, because he was a lifetime Red Sox fan. Bob liked to tease his grandkids with corny jokes. Early on, they laughed politely. In later years, they just rolled their eyes.
Bob is survived by his loving wife JoAnn (Hegmann) Par, his four children Barbara J. Huffstutler of Middletown, Brian J. Par and wife Marci of Dillsburg, Michelle L. Durham of Virginia Beach, VA, Robert S. Par and wife Julie of Harrisburg; five stepchildren Ann Shansky and husband Robert of East Liverpool, OH, Susan Jones and her husband the Rev. Dr. Philip M. Jones of Wilmington, DE, Stephen Alexander and his wife Roanne of Simsbury, CT, and Dr. Douglas Alexander and his wife Cara of White Hall, MD; his five siblings Ruth Steckroth and Jeanne Par both of Milwaukee, WI, John A. Par of Madison, WI, James Par of Henderson, NV and Wendy Par of Lake Oswego, OR; 19 grandchildren, 16 great grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
Private graveside services will be conducted by The Rev. Dr. Philip M. Jones, son-in-law of Bob and JoAnn. Interment will take place at the convenience of the family in Trindle Spring Cemetery, Mechanicsburg.
As an expression of sympathy, memorial contributions in memory of Bob may be sent to the Mechanicsburg Presbyterian Church, 300 East Simpson Street, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055.

To plant a tree in memory of Robert W. Paré, please visit our Tribute Store.

If you would like to leave a comment, here is a link to his tribute wall: https://www.tributearchive.com/obituari ... -pare/wall

ImageFord Heritage Centre, September 1998 by Michael, on Flickr
European Ford Collector
angliagt

Re: Bob Pare 1933-2020

Post by angliagt »

Thanks for posting that.I talked to him after we moved to Virginia,
which was over six years ago.Never met him in person,but talked on the
phone many times.
On a side note - does anyone have any info on Dave Wiggins?
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

I have not.
European Ford Collector
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

Met him at Hershey a couple of times. Lovely man. He gave me a Vauxhall Cresta PA sales brochure because he said I was probably the only person in the USA who cared. He doubted he could sell it. I still have it.
Gary in AZ
the older i get,the faster i went...