Made in Dageham Movie

Book, DVD, Supplier Reviews
peteleo

Made in Dageham Movie

Post by peteleo »

" A dramatization of the '68 strike at the Ford Dageham car plant, where female workers walked out in protest against sexual discrimination"

Release date is Nov. 18, 2010.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1371155/

Pete
fjkghia

Post by fjkghia »

The Black Cherry 1600E pictured in the events section is one of the cars in the movie, it belongs to a FCOC member who lives in Bexhill, Andrew Leggat.

This one, photobucket working now!
fjkghia

Post by fjkghia »

Went to see this movie last night. Good story, well acted with alot of top English actors. Despite being set a Ford Dagenham, not much footage of Ford cars, what there is, is not accurate to the period i.e. showing production line of Mk1 Cortinas instead of Mk2 and a couple of dodgy car regestrations but only someone with that much interest would notice. All in all worth seeing this picture when it comes out. One word of warning, there is quite a bit of bad language so maybe not suitable for younger movie goers.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

I bought the movie on DVD and like it both for the story and for all the Ford bits that can be seen on the sets. Though I agree that much of the interesting Ford related objects were not period correct. Would the plant manager in 1968 really have a scale Mk I Zephyr on his desk? Non-the-less, it would have been fun to be the property master on this film.
European Ford Collector
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

This give a bite of the flavor of the film and its social significance. There are two news clips about the movie in the Sky News link.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbi ... 9315735584
European Ford Collector