Forza Hoizon 4 Anglia

Book, DVD, Supplier Reviews
peteleo

Forza Hoizon 4 Anglia

Post by peteleo »

This game out in 10/18 and originally I thought it was going to be under Project cars 4.

So they scanned both my '66 and my Brothers '59 last year in 1/18.
Switched to RHD. They tried to keep it stock as possible but it does carry later
model parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nocajP9xBo
Langlia

Post by Langlia »

Wow that's cool!
Kiwi Cortina

Post by Kiwi Cortina »

That is cool
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

We were thrilled to see the out come. There are a couple of bloopers. If you notice the cigar socket has no lighter in the beginning and a few seconds later it appears and apparently it has auto tx. No key in the ignition.
Both cars have the 1600 c/f so they scanned the 105E head, manifolds, carb and air cleaner that we have and digitally applied that on top of the 1600 block to keep an original look as possible.
zephyrgary

Post by zephyrgary »

I like the way he shifts while both hands are on the wheel...
the older i get,the faster i went...
Bob_S

Post by Bob_S »

Hey Pete,
That is cool! How long did it take to scan the cars? Did they come to you or did you have to go to them? Did they use a portable scanner and laptop computer or was it a stationary set up? Love to know more.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob_S
First car 70 Cortina GT
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Hi Bob,

Two guys flew up to SFO from LAX to San Mateo with their equipment using a portable scanner and laptop. It took ~ 8 hrs to complete scanning both cars in a stationary set up.
They also scanned an early Opel Rekord the next day. The scanning took place only 50 yrds from our house in a vacant large garage located in the alley way.
Very Convenient.
They couldn't locate a standard Anglia in the LA area as most had mods done to the them. By scanning both cars they were able to capture most of the standard features.
Bob_S

Post by Bob_S »

Thank Pete for the quick reply. Sounds like it was a interesting time. Did you and your brother get any credit on the game for your help?

I wonder how much processing time it took after scanning the cars? Scanning a car is something I want to learn more about for one of my projects.

Cheers,
Bob
Bob_S
First car 70 Cortina GT
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

They are a consultant co. and usually pay out $500 to scan one vehicle.
We were ok with scanning 2 cars for the price of one which took a bit of extra time. No discounts on gaming time. Oh well.