Euro Ford models

1990 and up.
escysean

Euro Ford models

Post by escysean »

Recently I visit San Jose in California for family visit after few years away and noticed loads of European Fords in the USA such as Fiestas, new model Focus and now new shape Ford Transits too, and as well Ford Escape models we called Kuga in the Uk, is there any more new fords now imported to USA yet?

Also there's Fiat models too! Like Fiat 500 and all type of van models but in different badge??

Seán
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Fiesta has been here for a few years now from Germany along with the Turkish made Transit models. After Fiat and Chrysler merged about 5 years ago Fiat imported the 500C along with Abarth, 500L. and now the new 124 along with 2 models of Alfa Romero. My wife has a 2012 Fiat 500C cabrio. She got tried of driving my antiques.
Bob_S

Post by Bob_S »

The NA Fiesta presently comes from Mexico and the full size Transit is built in Claycomo, Missouri. The Escape is built in St Louis Missouri and Focus in built in Wayne Michigan for now. Fusion (Mondoe) is built in Mexico & Flatrock Michigan.

Cheers,
Bob
Bob_S
First car 70 Cortina GT
escysean

Post by escysean »

Thanks guys for the information 👍

I heard that Ford are planning to bring both S-Max and Galaxy to the USA sometime in 2017 or 2018, they are brilliant MPV (minivans) and I got mk3 Ford Galaxy 7-seater

Seán
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Bob is spot on that most of the the Euro-type Fords on the road here in NA are assembled here. The exceptions are the Mk II TRansit Connect which I understand are imported from Spain and of course the Focus RS which come from Germany.
European Ford Collector