North American Taunus Registry

Connecting Owners with Vehicle Registries
robarc

1959 Ford Taunus 17M P2T

Post by robarc »

Nice example. I have a '60 and have some mechanical spares (engine, etc) that you might want. I don't need them anymore since my car has American running gear. I live in central Virginia, so not so long a drive.

Rob
JBann

Re: 1959 Ford Taunus 17M P2T

Post by JBann »

robarc wrote:Nice example. I have a '60 and have some mechanical spares (engine, etc) that you might want. I don't need them anymore since my car has American running gear. I live in central Virginia, so not so long a drive.
Hello Rob, I sent you a PM (I hope it went through). I may be very interested in the parts you have. If my PM didn't go through, send me one with contact information so we can discuss.

Many thanks,
Jan
1959 Ford Taunus 17M P2T
Bob_S

1964 Ford Taunus - $1200

Post by Bob_S »

Here is a Taunus for sale on Craigslist - Rough Shape though.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/5905526802.html
Bob_S
First car 70 Cortina GT
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

For the record, here are a couple of photos of the only known P4 in North America. It's a TS 1500. THe car was in Arizona for decades, and is now in the San Diego area and for sale.

Here is a link to the ad: http://www.enfostuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3133
European Ford Collector
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Someone on EFONA's Facebook page just posted this ad for a 12 M Turnier in Minnesota from 2010.

ImageTaunus 12 M Turnier by Michael, on Flickr
European Ford Collector
maniatiko66

Re: North American Taunus Registry

Post by maniatiko66 »

can i get info on the latest count on 1963 p3 taunus ? i own one that was imported to texas from germany
ADesertdude

Post by ADesertdude »

Hello everyone Tom here in Palm Springs California. Doesn’t look like a whole lot of activity on this page in the last several years so I thought I’d get it going again or something like that. I purchased a 1959 Ford Taunus, 17 M from Portugal, and had it shipped to the port of Long Beach in California and towed it out to Palm Springs in a trailer from there, at this point, it is legally registered in California and is a drivable and fully working example. It needs a little bit of work to bring it up to snuff and perhaps make it a little bit more reliable but it’s been an absolute hoot to drive. I don’t fit in it very well. I feel like André the giant driving in this thing, but it gets a lot of attention out of the road and my car club loves it. My family owned a 1958. 17 M deluxe in the 60s and 70s in New Jersey. In the latter part of 1978 we moved to Virginia and the Taunus was hauled away to a salvage yard somewhere in New Jersey. I really hope somebody saved it from the crusher but I’ve never known it’s fate.

Here are a few pics of my little toy. I am thinking about selling it although that’s not set in stone yet, but if anybody has any interest in that possibility, feel free to let me know.

Well, I guess I’m gonna have to figure out how to make these files small enough to get onto this platform. Every single one of my pictures seems to be too large of a file.
maniatiko66

Post by maniatiko66 »

hi buddy i feel the same is kind of quiet too i only been here for a few months . but if you need some help feel free to contact me . like where to get parts ect
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Michael MacSems checking in. For the record, a still have my two P3 17Ms but I have not done anything with them in years. Although I started NA Taunus Registry back in 2007, I have not maintained it and I don't have much additional information other than what I've previously posted here.

I am happy to know that there is still interest in these cars out there.

Best,

Michael

Image1960 Ford Taunus 17M (Int'l) C1 by Michael, on Flickr
European Ford Collector