New here, appreciative for the club

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
mk2Colorado

Re: New here, appreciative for the club

Post by mk2Colorado »

Took 2 months longer than planned to get here due to below freezing temps for days on end during the week I had made plans for but got it here after 3 states, 2 days & 700+ miles. Lucked out with good weather for the long drive.

Arrived with plenty of daylight with great weather for a cruise around town after a power wash to take the road grime off. The car, that is.
Choke cable wasn't attached due to a loose connector but it fired up just fine, so instead of tinkering right off the car trailer my buddies and I took our cars and trucks out to let it make it's way around town with some good company.

The new home it has is a space I split with a good friend that built 2 domestic Fords of his own, and building a 3rd in the next bay over.
The previous owner before my stepfather had a hankering for a sunroof and made an atrocious decision that has always made us cringe a bit but the cost involved in the bodywork, headliner and paintjob has always been cost prohibitive to bring it back to a full roof. "It's not a problem if you don't look up while inside the car." was his light-hearted quip about it. I'm optimistic that 'I know a guy' will pan out for me within time for the bodywork & paint, and with a 1st run at installing a headliner with my friend on his restoration of a Buick Special I'll see if we can knock out ourselves when that time comes up. In the meantime it's all about the fun of a nice drive in great weather.
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Welcome Arron,

I remember your stepfather Jim from the days when I ran NAEFR/EFONA. He was a long-time member and I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I recall that he told me that the Australian station wagon was his daily driver and that he bought it to haul his cello around. Do I have that right?
European Ford Collector
mk2Colorado

Post by mk2Colorado »

IFHP wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:36 am Welcome Arron,

I remember your stepfather Jim from the days when I ran NAEFR/EFONA. He was a long-time member and I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I recall that he told me that the Australian station wagon was his daily driver and that he bought it to haul his cello around. Do I have that right?
Thank you that, I appreciate it.

And yes, the wagon was the daily! Grocery, taking me to school, going to work, etc. Yes when he saw it available through contacts he saw a mk2 that could be the next harp car(very close, your memory serves you well even if the instrument was different) and he took the chance to get it. A lot of good memories of that mk2, and I know many hair-pulling moments for him under the hood hah.

The wagon will be up for sale in a couple of months. During my next visit to see my mother, where the wagon still is, I can document the production stamp and have all the maintenance logs to give proper info on mileage of body vs engine mileage, when rebuilt, etc. What I can verify for sure it that it's a '60 Australian wagon, and from what a good source told me is that it's 1 of 7000 made that year.