Want to Introduce Myself

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
Bob_S

Want to Introduce Myself

Post by Bob_S »

Hi All,
I just want to introduce Myself. I am new to this forum but I am not new to English Fords. Growing up My Dad had a 59 Prefect, A 63 Cortina with a 4 speed on the column and a 67 MKII Cortina. One of my older Brothers had a 66 MKI Cortina GT. My first car was a 3 year old 70 MKII Cortina GT.

Well I am in the process of buying a 69 MKII Deluxe and a 67 MKII GT race car. Plus a lot of extra parts ranging from engines, carbs, intakes, trans, front struts with spring and brakes, brake drums axles some sheet metal etc.

The cars are pretty much rust free, There are a few spots of surface rust but nothing to talk about. The car have not been driven since the mid 80's, so the mechanicals will need going through. The race car will probably go up for sale next year after I get it running.

So that's my story in a nut shell,
Bob
Bob_S
First car 70 Cortina GT
angliagt

Post by angliagt »

Welcome,where are you located?
It helps a lot if you update your profile.

- Doug
Remember - Nobody EVER says "COOL PRIUS!"
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Welcome Bob. Which side of the pond did you grow up on? It would be pretty unusual to have these many EnFos in your family tree grwoing up in the States. A less unusual in Canada.

Michael
Bob_S

Post by Bob_S »

Hi Michael & Doug,

I grew up and presently live in Michigan. What can I say my family was different. We had a station wagon to haul the family around (6 boys) and then Dad loved Engilish Ford to drive back and forth to work. They were fun to drive.

We also had a 64 Lotus Elan, 74 Capri, 2 80 Fiesta's and Datsun 260Z in the family. Presently I am helping my younger brother restore a 69 Elan and while looking for a good second gear we ran across these Cortinas and parts.
Bob_S
First car 70 Cortina GT
Bob_S

Post by Bob_S »

Hi All,
Just wanted to post some pictures.
Bob_S
First car 70 Cortina GT
stanchfi
Site Admin

Post by stanchfi »

Welcome to the forum, from another mid-westerner!

-James
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

Bob,

Great personal story. All the best with your new tresures. Please keep us posted.

Michael
joeyramone30

Post by joeyramone30 »

Bob -

I like that shade of green - factory color? I am also jealous - all the 'Tinas I stumble over are 4 doors.

- Andrew
66gt

Post by 66gt »

Hey Bob,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Steve
1966 MkI GT
Bob_S

Post by Bob_S »

Hi Andrew,
Yes that is a factor green color. The inside of the trunk is that color and it looks like it just left the factory. It is funny that you only come across 4 doors. All of the Cortinas in my family have been 2 doors.

We are planning to bring the cars home this weekend if we don't get to much snow.

Steve, Micheal and all ,
Thanks for the warm Welcome!
Bob_S
First car 70 Cortina GT