Intro

A place for new (and old) members to introduce themselves.
Andy M

Intro

Post by Andy M »

Hi All,
Just to introduce myself, I am from across the pond and heavily involved with the classic car seen over here.
Just finding my way around on your site hope I don`t make a nuisance of myself!
I have a question if I may be so bold? What happened to English Ford Line over there was it taken over by another company/dealer as I am trying to trace details of a couple of vehicles. Would anyone know if records were kept of vehicles sold etc?
Andy M
70CortinaGT

Post by 70CortinaGT »

The Fords that came to Canada were all sold thru Ford dealers.
Cortinas RULE !!!
peteleo

Post by peteleo »

Welcome, Andy.

Have you checked this site? http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=NAEFR Go to "some notes on Euro Fords" Michael MacSems has done some research on the subject.

Cheers,
Pete
IFHP
Site Admin

Post by IFHP »

The English Ford Line Operation (EFLO) was officially merged into the Ford Division in 1966 (same for the Ford British line in Canada). Prior to that time, English Fords were a seperate franchise which could be held by a Ford dealer, a Lincoln-Mercury dealer, or even an independent dealer.

Michael
Andy M

Post by Andy M »

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the info will follow up as best I can.
One the vehicles I am trying to get information on was sold in New York State in 1966 and apparently remained there all its life. It has a sticker on the windshield with Moravia Car Club 1967!
Anyone know of this club or area?
regards
Andy M
66gt

Post by 66gt »

Welcome Andy!!!!

It's nice when you guys from the UK join up on this site the more the merrier! It's also nice to get different perspectives on all things EnFo.
Welcome my friend!

Steve